This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Girls, we all have those days where we just need to put our hair up. Between class, homework, and friends, it can be hard to find time to do your hair. But wearing the same old pony tail day in and day out is boring. Next time you need a quick and cute hairstyle, try some of these fun ideas:

Low Pony with Volume

Get this look by teasing the crown of your hair to gain volume on the top, then pull in to a low side pony.

Side Twists

Get this look by smoothing your hair with an anti-frizz serum. Then gather sections of hair from each side and twist until both sides meet in the middle. Pin the two sections behind your head, then gather all of your hair in a low pony tail.

Accessorize

Dress up any pony by simply adding a cute headband. There are so many choices with multi-strand headbands, to broaches, and even braided headbands.

Braided Pony Tail

Start at the crown of your head, then make a braid down to the back of your head and pull the braid in to a pony tail.

Knotted

To get this simple look, take a section of hair and wrap it around the rest of your regular ponytail to make the knot. Tuck the ends of your hair making the knot inside the wrap, the pin it to hold hair in place.

Curled Pony Tail

For this look, pull hair in to a high pony tail then curl sections of hair with a curling iron.

Chelsea Tibus

Sacred Heart

Taylor Lane is a senior in the Sacred Heart University school of education. She majors in English and is a section editor for the school newspaper, Spectrum. She is a captain on the Division I Softball team. Taylor aspires to be a special education teacher and spends her free time volunteering in programs for people with special needs.