5 Ways to Decorate Your Dorm this Holiday Season 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As we head into Thanksgiving break, Sacred Heart is already gearing towards one of the best seasons of the year, the Holiday season!! Here are five ways to decorate your dorm to make it a little more festive this holiday :) 

1. Decorate Your Doorway 

In order to do this, go to the local Target or crafts store to get LOTS of construction or wrapping paper, tape, and patience! It’s easy to find an image of what you would like to do on Pinterest, find one you like and run with it! I’ve found its easier to put all the construction paper or wrapping paper up, then draw a design on after rather than draw it all out and try to tape it on. Just make sure to keep in mind your door handle is accessible as well as the eyehole! 

2. Mini Christmas Tree 

You can find these at Target, CVS, even Amazon depending if you want a fake or real mini Christmas tree. You can decorate it with tinsel or get the 3 ft fairy lights to brighten it up! 

3. Window Snowflakes 

For this you have two options; either get the sticky window/ wall cling decals or make your own snowflakes by cutting designs into printer paper! Both options will help? 

4. Stockings Wall 

Simply buy clear command hooks and spread them out even along the wall. Grab a few mini stockings and things to decorate them like glitter glue and a few friends, each person decorate their own stocking and have them displayed on your wall for the holiday season! Before winter break, you can fill each stocking with candies or party favors for each person to take home! You can make it even more festive by adding tinsel or Christmas lights to make the wall more decorative. 

5. Happy Holidays Banner 

To finish off your decked out holiday decorations, buy a happy holidays banner to put either on the door, with the stockings, or anywhere else in your room. You can either purchase one on Amazon or at Target, or make your own with the construction paper from the door and ribbon! 

And there you have it, five ways to decorate your room to make your dorm feel a little more festive this holiday season!

Lindsey McCarthy

Sacred Heart '21

Lindsey McCarthy is a senior majoring in Communications with concentrations in PR & Advertising at Sacred Heart University. Some of her favorites things include music, coffee, and all things Disney.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.