We have officially entered into graduation season! For Sacred Heart, the graduating class of 2021 has a week to prepare themselves for walking across the big stage and receiving their diploma. With that being said, I have started to reflect on the many lessons I have learned throughout my past four years. I am incredibly lucky for the relationships I have formed, the chance to study abroad not once but twice, and participate as a member in a national honor society. To the incoming freshman, I hope this article helps to calm your nerves, college is the best time of your lives, it is important to enjoy every minute!
- Good coffee is essential
- It is okay to not have a set group of friends freshman year
- Don't expect "you" from other people.
- Your mental health has to come first
- Joining a club can introduce you to new people and create life lasting friendships (Shoutout to Her Campus!!!)
- No one will judge you for switching majors
- You don't need to have it all figured out as a freshman
- Ordering Domino's after a night out is essential
- Sometimes removing yourself from a friendship is beneficial
- Add a minor if it is something you are interested in (I have two and they have been some of my favorite classes at SHU)
- Saying "no" is okay
- You don't have to be busy 24/7, it is okay to relax
- When extra credit is offered, do it, even if you have an A
- Make a go to party playlist on spotify with your friends
- If you are contemplating studying the extra hour, you probably should
- Long distance relationships CAN work
- Do your homework before the weekend, that way you can enjoy time with your friends
- Study Abroad. It's life changing. That's all.
- Buy the cute planner from Marshall's it will help with time management
- An hour of Netflix at night helps the stress go away
- HAVE FUN
[bf_image id="4vm92tsqjbph79sjwf5pmpsb"] So, to wrap this up, I want to say thankyou to my friends and to Sacred Heart for making my four years memorable. I will never forget SHU and it will always have a special place in my heart.