10 Thoughts That Follow Learning There’s No Fall Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Alright SHU, you’ve got our interest. No fall concert? Bold move. But much like the perpetual Linda’s wrap station line, this whole waiting thing is so not cool. It seems like just yesterday we were passing a sweaty, crowd-surfing Flo Rida over our heads and getting caked by Steve Aoki. While these beautiful memories may have held us over for the month of September, October brings an array of new thoughts and emotions toward the whole situation…

1. You’ll have to return the cool outfit you bought…and apologize for knocking down anyone that got in your way of buying the last flower crown at Urban. 

2. Of all the millions of emails you receive for clubs you didn’t even know existed, this was the one email you actually looked forward to reading. Now you have trust issues.

3. Seriously what will you do with all this free time not spent at a killer concert? Write a novel? Actually go to the gym? Cry?

4. It’s now sinking in that no concert means (shudder) NO BEER GARDEN?! That’s illegal, right?

5. But that kid’s friend in your Bio class heard a rumor from his cousin’s best friend that Taylor Swift was coming to SHU so…

6. On the plus side, now you can take that $20 you were going to put towards a ticket and head straight to Red’s (HELLO fall beer).

7. Who needs a fall concert when you have the voice of an angel anyway?

8. This means only one thing. There better be a hella-talented spring concert performer. Obviously we’re talking about Beyoncé. 

9. On an emotional note, this will save so many freshman lives. 

10. But honestly, in the words of everyone’s spirit animal Stephanie Tanner…

Helene Mayne

Sacred Heart

Helene Mayne is a sophomore graphic design and fashion marketing student at Sacred Heart University. She aspires to be a stylist or creative director at a magazine. She participates in Best Buddies, Art Club, and Community Council. She enjoys reading, painting, and sushi.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.