10 Signs You’re Ready For This Semester To End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

You are officially back from Thanksgiving break and it’s hard to believe you still have three weeks to push through somehow. As much as you want to tune into ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas specials, make hot chocolate and sing Christmas carols with your gal pals, you’re forced to focus on the mounds of assignments and tests you have these last few weeks. Cruel, isn’t it? Aside from the lack of holiday spirit, here are ten signs you are so ready for this semester to end:

1. The day you come back from Thanksgiving break makes you realize that one week off was SUCH a tease.

2. Then you realize there’s two or so weeks standing in between you and a month long break from school.

3. You are mentally preparing yourself for finals: the week of stress, copious amounts of caffeine, and wondering why you haven’t dropped out yet.

4. You decide to take a nap on the UC couches and no one questions it.

5. You look like you’re straight out of The Walking Dead…every day.

6. No one questions you when you have two coffees and three Monsters in one day.

7. You’re literally LIVING in the library.

8. And the library Starbucks baristas know your caffeine fix all too well by now.

9. You’re counting down the minutes until winter break begins.

10. …and until then you’re just enjoying a glass of Pinot and watching “Whine About It” to get through your days.

Jane Kenney

Sacred Heart

Jane is an English major with a writing concentration. Being involved in the Sacred Heart University Choir Program, she also studies music/singing alongside her writing. As of right now, she plans to take her writing skills into the journalism field.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.