This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Valentine’s Day means a lot of different things to different people. For some, it is a celebration of love in our lives or a time to shower our significant other with the love we have for them. For others, it’s an excuse to binge watch romantic comedies with friends. If you are single, you may know what it’s like to tolerate. You don’t have to sit around and feel bad for yourself all day! Instead, find something to keep you busy. Here are a few ways to spend your Valentine’s Day if you’re single.

1.  Cuddle With Your Pets

A pet will always have a special place in our hearts. They are loyal, loving and best of all cuddly! They can put a smile on your face and show affection like no human can. On Valentine’s Day, this is the only love you need! So grab your fluffy dog or cat and make them sit up with you the entire night.

2.  Have a Girls Night

Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romantic relationships. Getting together with friends is always fun. There’s no pressure, no stress for the perfect outfit or an expensive gift. Call on a few other single ladies and have a night out… or a night in. Whether you go out to dinner, go to a bar, or have a sleepover, being able to spend quality time with your friends is always a great way to show love this Valentine’s Day.

3. Indulge 

I know many girls try to eat healthy and steer away from the candy, but today is an exception. This is the ultimate cheat day to indulge in your favorite box of chocolates and not feel guilty about. Just because someone else doesn’t buy them for you doesn’t make them any less delicious! Satisfy your sweet tooth. Valentine’s chocolate is cheaper the day after Valentine’s Day, so mind as well make that cheat day into a cheat week!

4. Movie Marathon of your Favorite Celebrity Crush

Watch movies starring your celebrity crush and fall in love with him all over again. Have a date night with Dave Franco or Chris Evans. Whoever floats your boat! Sit back, relax and enjoy your night with your favorite leading man.

5. Treat Yourself

The love you have for yourself is also important, so take this day to show yourself some love and do what makes you happy. The best thing you can do is pamper yourself. Let today be the day you buy yourself those pairs of shoes you’ve been wanting. If you’re on a budget, you can always try a new facial mask, paint your own nails or take a bubble bath!

6. Watch a Rom-Com

Let yourself get pulled into the relationship of two perfect and incredibly beautiful fictional characters we all dream to be. Although a first instinct might be watching movies that will make you cry, try a romantic comedy instead. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is a classic and a great start to a movie marathon. That way you’ll be able to feel the love of Valentine’s Day, while also being able to laugh about it. Get in a set of pj’s, pop in the popcorn and be prepared for a night of relaxation and laughter.

Whether you choose to spend Valentine’s Day treating yourself, going out with your friends or staying in watching your favorite celebrity, there are plenty of ways to have fun on February 14th. Just because you’re dateless doesn’t mean you deserve any less fun!

Ayanna Bolden

Sacramento '23

Hello, my name is Ayanna Bolden. I am a child development major and writer for my chapter!