Yes, Jesse McCartney Is Still Relevant. Here’s What He’s Been Up To!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

I think at one point in all of our lives, we were all a little obsessed with Jesse McCartney. From his start in the boy band group Dream Street, he has made a great name for himself not only in music but in acting as well. Jesse was set to come to Sacramento State on November 7th, and I was so excited all the days leading up to it! About a week before the concert, I overheard a couple girls by the Jesse McCartney promotional poster at school saying “He still makes music? How old is he?” It really took me back, because he’s done so much more than music these past years. Did you know? Keep reading to see what else Jesse has contributed to!

1. He’s Acted in Numerous Shows and Movies

Aside from releasing his hit music, he has starred in many hit shows and movies including What I Like About You (2004), The Suite Life of Zack And Cody (2005), Hannah Montana (2007), Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), Law and Order (2008), Young and Hungry (2014-2015), Young Justice (2010-2019), and so much more! Jesse has also dabbled in voice acting for popular video games such as the Kingdom Hearts franchise (my personal favorite) and Young Justice: Legacy.

2. Yes, Jesse McCartney Is Still Making Music

Jesse hasn’t had too much spotlight since the release of his standout hits like “Body Language”, “Leavin’” and “How Do You Sleep?”, but nevertheless he was putting out work with the release of his album “In Technicolor” in 2014, his first full length album in 8 years. He has recently released a single called “Wasted”, for the first time in 4 years since the release of “In Technicolor”. I went to see him live in concert at Sacramento State not too long ago, and the show sold out I should add. Jesse still has his charm, and all you could hear the whole concert was girls screaming for him. Jesse still has game, y’all! It was so much fun seeing a childhood crush for the first time in person, and it seemed as though he was everyone else’s crush too (I mean, of course). He revealed at the concert that new music is coming, and he’s very excited for it!

Honestly, with all of the things that Jesse does in his career, I feel as if he’ll always be relevant, and people often forget that he’s much more than an artist! It was a dream come true seeing Jesse McCartney in concert, I never thought I’d be able to see someone so big and widely known. The event was put on by UNIQUE programs at Sacramento State, along with many other fun events so be sure to be on the lookout for those! Also, don’t forget to check out some of the projects that Jesse is involved with or check out his new music, you wont be disappointed!

Leticia is a Campus Correspondent and graduating senior at Sacramento State University. She majors in Sociology and minors in Journalism, hoping to one day serve justice whether that be through writing articles, engaging in social studies, or both. When she isn't racking her brain for pitches on her next story, she's probably taking pictures with her Nikon D3300 while listening to the latest Real Friends album.