Celebrate Valentine’s Day With These Iconic Love-Themed Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Another year, another Valentine’s Day. Some of us either dread or adore this holiday. Some of us will be devouring a plethora of ice cream and watching romantic films while others will be on a date with their significant other. I have concluded a list of iconic love-themed episodes to watch on Valentine’s day to get you into the spirit of love and romance.

1  “Valentine’s Day Massacre” from Grey’s Anatomy

We all love some McDreamy and this is a good episode to change up your traditional Valentine’s Day entertainment. Grey’s Anatomy is a TV series drama about a group of doctors working together in a hospital facing trials and challenges throughout work and their day to day lives. This intense episode of Grey’s Anatomy is about treating dozens of patients on Valentine’s Day. Our favorite doctors run around and do their best to save these patients in critical condition. This iconic episode is from season six episode 14 and it’s on Netflix

2.  “Galentine’s Day” from Parks and Recreation

For those who don’t have a romantic relationship to celebrate this Valentine’s Day, worry not! This episode of Parks and Recreation shows a different side of Valentine’s Day called “Galentine’s Day,” which is celebrated on February 13th. Galentine’s Day all about getting together with your female friends and planning something fun to do together. In this iconic episode of Parks and Recreation, Leslie Knope celebrates the ladies in her life. Leslie also tries to reconnect her mother with her past lover. You can find this wholesome episode from season two episode 16 on Netflix. 

3.  “Crazy Stupid Love” from Gossip Girl

What’s Valentine’s Day without some drama? Gossip Girl will deliver that. In this episode, Nate, played by Chace Crawford, hosts a Valentine’s Day party. Serena, played by Blake Lively, is left shocked at the party because of a revelation of a secret will and Blair, played by Leighton Meester, plays cupid for the love of her life. If you are interested in this episode, you can find it on Netflix from season five episode 15.

4.  “Valentines Day” from The Office

What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than by watching The Office? If there is anyone who knows how to throw a party, it’s Michael Scott. This is a great episode to watch if you’re looking for both comedy and romance. In this episode, the office staff throws a cute Valentine’s day party to celebrate the holiday while, Michael, played by Steve Carell and Jan go to New York for a meeting. The whole show is on Netflix and you can find this episode on season two episode 16.

5.  “Heart” from Glee

Glee is in the musical comedy-drama genre. Glee is a show based around high school misfits who try to escape the harsh realities of high school by joining a club in which they sing their heart out. This episode focuses on the glee club hosting a Valentine’s Day event at school where they perform countless love songs to showcase their love for one another. There will be guest stars such as Jeff Goldblum and Brian Stokes Mitchell. If you are interested in this show, it’s on Netflix and this episode can be found on season three episode 13. 

With Valentine’s Day upon us, some of us may feel left out with nothing to do. Luckily, we can still enjoy the day of love with this list of love-themed TV shows. From Grey’s Anatomy to Parks and Recreation. Embrace your singleness! Spend the holiday with the people you love whether that’s friends, family, or significant other. 

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you!

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.