photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

4 Steps to Achieve Your Goals in 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

The year of 2018 is wrapping up, so I’ve come up with 4 steps to make 2019 the year of #Goals. We all have goals that we want to fulfill. Whether they’re short or long term, staying consistent and motivated throughout your journey can be difficult.

Here are some tips on how to achieve your goals in 2019:

1. Create a Vision Board

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

A vision board is a tool that helps people concentrate on their goals and aspirations. Personally for my vision board, I put a picture of Greece. I feel so much more motivated when I can physically see my goals. Having a vision board organizes your goals and keeps you focused throughout the year.

A vision board consists of photos that symbolize your goals in a visual way. For example, looking at your board every morning can give you the motivation to make those aspirations a reality. Pinpointing goals for yourself can narrow down what to put on your vision board.

2. Take Baby Steps

Photo Courtesy of Adrianna Calvo

Achieving a dream takes steps that include forming good habits and surrounding yourself with positivity. Baby steps are the key to achieving aspirations and staying focused on your final destination. Staying consistent is beneficial because it allows to do work at a steady pace towards the finish line. Practice a routine that leads to success, like waking up early, sleeping well and scheduling tasks everyday.

3. Record Everything

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Take photos as you go along your journey to record all your accomplishments. This creates memories and experiences you want to share with friends and family. A picture is worth a thousand words and it shows you’re proud of your achievement.

Write down your goals and the progress you’re making towards it. Sit down with pen and paper, and write all your goals down. As you complete them, check them off one by one.

4. Be Fearless

Photo Courtesy of Sammie Vasquez

Some of us are afraid to work towards our dream because we’re scared of failure. In reality, this is all in our heads.

It is important to take risks and try new things to achieve our goals. I love to travel, but I’m afraid to leave my comfort zone. Being fearless is all about being uncomfortable and trying new things. So push yourself and be uncomfortable once in a while!

We all have dreams. It’s really important to not forget our goals and continue to stay motivated through tough times. These tips will help you progress towards a better you in 2019.

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.