Life > Experiences

Summer is the Best Season Ever and Here’s Why

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

We are nearing the end of March which means warmer weather is quickly approaching! Say goodbye to those fuzzy socks and chunky blankets and hello to longer nights and early sunrises. While every season has its fair share of advantages, summer is by far one of the most special seasons to me. 

Aside from the holiday festivities in winter, there is no other season that brings so many people together in the way summer does. The season allows us to get outside more, which is something I think we can all value now after spending countless weeks hibernating indoors.

Here are a few reasons why I’m excited about the upcoming summer season. 

Fruits 

There’s no better time to indulge in summer fruits, like cherries, berries, watermelons, mangoes, and the list goes on. It’s especially fun when you handpick the fruits, which is an annual activity my family and I like to do. Somehow, fruits always taste better when you individually pick them yourself. 

The weather

While it can be incredibly hot, I’d like to say, for the most part, it generally feels amazing. It’s the type of weather that makes you want to spend more time outdoors, which ultimately puts me in the mindset to exercise more. It also helps that I don’t need to carry my jacket or sweaters with me everywhere anymore; I practically live in shorts and tank tops all summer long.

Outdoor events

There are so many events and activities lined up for the summer, especially ones that bring people together to eat and drink, which I enjoy! From all the activities and events I’ve been to over the past summers, there has never been a dull moment. I’d encourage everyone to go explore their areas and try new things! 

Longer days

Something about daylight savings and longer nights seems to be one of the best parts about summer. It can be pretty depressing when, alongside the cold, it starts to get dark out at 4 PM. However, during the summertime, the sun tends to set around 9 PM, which makes me really excited to revel in the bright mornings. 

No school

Aside from a few summer classes here and there, there is a relief of stress in not having to dedicate so much time to schoolwork. Instead, summer is a time to relax and focus on other things like your summer job or hobbies. 

Needless to say, I’m excited about the upcoming season. Whether you already have plans or not, I’m sure it’s going to be a great one!

Erica Su

Toronto MU '24

Erica is a Creative Industries student at Ryerson University specializing in business and communications. During her free time, she loves to cook up a storm in the kitchen, play 8 ball pool, and re-watch her all-time favourite shows such as Selling Sunset.