This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With the one-year anniversary of the pandemic, many of us are going to be celebrating our second birthdays in quarantine. But just because there is a pandemic, it doesn’t mean that you have to spend your birthday in a dark room by yourself. There are so many ways to celebrate by yourself or others! Here are a few:

Dress up

Start your day off right by getting ready for your birthday. Add something special to your daily routine that’ll make you feel pretty, whether it’s wearing that new dress, doing your eyeliner, or putting on a special perfume. It’s your day, it’s important you feel that way!

Take yourself on a food date

Good food can make any day instantly better. Order or make your ultimate favourite food and treat yourself to an amazing meal. Grab someone in your social bubble and try the viral food date trend, where the winner of a quick rock paper scissors battle gets to choose the menu!

Drive-by parade

Invite your friends to drive by your house with some bops blasting from their car on your special day. A silent one is great, but a birthday feels better with honks and cheers from loved ones and friends. This way, you can meet your friends while being socially distanced.

Virtual Game Night

There’s nothing like a good old FaceTime with your friends to cheer you up. But, it’s even better paired with some competition. Virtual games like scribble.io, backyard.co, or virtual cards against humanity create a great, chill environment with friends to celebrate your birthday!

Decorate

Setting the vibe is a must on your birthday. Open up those windows, get some balloons, set up some streamers and put on a party hat! Decorations set the day up for celebration and fun. Even if you’re not going out, your living space will feel like it’s actually a special day. 

Remember, even though we are isolating, we don’t have to feel alone! These suggestions can make your birthday even a little bit more special while being safe. Hope you have an amazing birthday!

Prapti Bamaniya

Toronto MU '23

Prapti is a second year journalism student at Ryerson, and loves to write about news, lifestyle, and fashion. Her name is as unique as her experiences. She is an aspiring journalist and when she's not writing articles, she's probably reading a book, or rewatching New Girl for the hundredth time.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.