Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

Harry Styles’s New Spring Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Harry Styles’s brand Pleasing has just announced its new spring collection. The brand’s second micro-collection, titled Shroom Bloom, includes four new nail polish colours, an overnight facial serum, and a moisturizing hand balm. 

The face of the new collection is rockstar Mick Fleetwood of the legendary Fleetwood Mac. “Mick is someone who brings me–and countless others–great joy,” Styles told Vogue Magazine. “I felt there couldn’t be a better embodiment of Pleasing, or a person who could so naturally capture the wizardry that we love.”

The collection has a very new vibe for Styles: sage greens, bright reds, tiny animated mushrooms and cartoon frogs in sultry poses. Many of his fans were surprised as recent appearances — such as his black leather suit at last year’s Grammy Awards — which implied his look was shifting to a more rock-and-roll and mature aesthetic.

Once again, Styles has taken the world by surprise. The new Pleasing collection is bright and youthful, inspiring playful fashion and style for the upcoming season. It also spotlights the collapse of the gender binary, a movement Styles has brought to the forefront of his brand for many years, especially after he appeared on the cover of Vogue Magazine in a dress.

“It didn’t have anything to do with sexuality,” Fleetwood told Vogue Magazine about the new collection. “It’s not about that. It’s about having fun. If you look at half the tribes of ancient history, men and women all dress up in beautiful, colourful things. No one thinks anything one way or the other, which is the point.”

Sahara Mehdi

Toronto MU '23

Sahara Mehdi is a 19-year-old journalism student in her third year at Ryerson University. She fell in love with poetry five years ago and hasn’t stopped writing since. Sahara has been creating videos and other content under the alias “Miss Brainy” on YouTube since she was 15 years old. For more of her writing, you can find her @missbrainywrites on Instagram or @missbrainyblog.