This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Summer is fast approaching, and I think it’s time for a closet update. One thing I always seem to neglect is my shoes- I’ve been wearing the same pair of white Nike M2K Tekno sneakers for the last three years (when wearing grandfather shoes was stylish…ugh). I decided that even though I probably won’t be doing much more than a grocery store run this summer, I wanted to invest in a new pair of sneakers. I’ve curated a list to help you narrow down your search for the cutest pair too!

Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Low Top

A pair of white converse go with everything. Although the “look” can be a little basic, Converse now sells a platform version of their classic styles that elevate the whole look! I found them on the Converse Canada website for $75. 

Vans Slip-On Platform

As you can probably tell, I am a big fan of platform shoes! I think they’re super comfortable and give you an extra bit of height. I owned a pair of Old Skool Platform Vans that I loved endlessly, so I think the slip-ons, especially the black and white checker ones would be perfect for summer. You can find them on the Vans website for $55. 

Vans Authentic Mule

No words. They’re so cute and so on-trend for summer. They’re $50 on Vans and come in white and black. 

Nike Court Vision Low 

I found these shoes on the Canadian Nike website and I’m in love— they’re absolutely adorable. They’re essentially white Nike Air Force 1s with a felt cheetah-print swoosh. They’re not extravagant enough to be difficult to pair outfits with but aren’t too basic that you fall into the crowd. They can be found on Nike Canada for $95. 

I have never been one to splurge on sneakers nor understand the world of footwear fashion. But I do believe these sneakers are great starting points for summer and don’t completely break the bank!

Marina Arnone

Toronto MU '21

Marina is a fourth year English student at Ryerson University. She loves to write about beauty and fashion with the hopes of creating a little escape from everyday life! As a huge astrology fan, Marina identifies as a true Pisces and romanticizes every inch of life. She hopes to create articles that will inspire others the same way she has been so inspired by writing!
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.