Style > Beauty

The Best Skincare for Winter Skin Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

I hate to say it, but winter IS here. And with it will come dark days, dry, cold weather, and flakes for days! As someone with oily skin I’ve always been mind boggled when it came to finding products that combat my oil and help with my dry patches. So, I decided to compile a list of the best skin care for all types of skin!

Buche de Noel from LUSH

Bath bombs from Lush seem like an obvious choice to leave you with soft skin, but what about the skin on your face? Lush’s annual Christmas cleanser is always a standout for me. This gorgeous blend of ground almond meal delicately polishes away dry flakes, while the rich cocoa butter, clementines, and cranberries brighten and nourish the skin. Topped off with a little brandy for a boozy winter glow, and you’ve got a great cleanser to leave your skin merry and bright!

LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, $12.95 per 100 grams

Agave Lip Mask from Bite Beauty

You’ve probably heard of the Bite Beauty Lip Lab and their incredibly, edible lipstick, but did you know they also have amazing lip care? Chapped lips are a staple during Canadian winters, but they don’t have to be. Bite Beauty’s Agave Lip Mask creates a luxurious layer of long lasting moisture to rescue lips from the clutches of cold weather. My personal favourite is the maple flavour, but there are also holiday flavours like candy cane, and champagne.

Sephora, $30 each (or $22 for their holiday set of three mini sizes!)

Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask from Kiehl’s

This face mask is good for a majority of skins types! It’s loaded with stimulating turmeric and peppermint to help push dirt out of pores, and antioxidants from cranberry seeds to feed the face and tone, leaving skin soft and radiant.

Sephora, $50

Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution from The Ordinary By DECIEM

Vitamin C and Vitamin E are essentials for aiding skin during the winter and they also help with discoloration and acne scarring. Not only is this serum effective but it’s hella cost effective; great for any student budget!

The Abnormal Beauty Company, $18

Rudolph Jelly Mask from LUSH

Okay, I’m a sucker for Lush products. But honestly this mask is to die for AND it smells like chocolate pudding! This mask is gentle enough for any skin type, and potent enough for gorgeous results. Loaded with Fuller’s Earth and Moroccan Lava Clay to stimulate skin, orange oil to brighten and seaweed jelly to moisturize. This mask is perfect for banishing winter dullness away. Plus it comes with a cute lil red nose for Insta pics!

LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, $9.95 per 60 grams

Born and raised in Niagara Falls, I currently live in Toronto and attend Ryerson University for English and Philosophy. Likes include books, comics (essentially reading anything I can get my hands on), cartoons, writing, music, procrastinating, watching Youtube videos and social justice.