This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

By Daelle Shannon

Brace yourselves, because fall is in full swing midterms are coming, Thanksgiving is around the corner and Halloween is here all month long. With chilly weather officially here, now is the perfect time for warm food and cozy new hangouts, and if there’s one thing that combines these two together, it’s brunch. Ah brunch, the perfect dichotomy of sweet and savoury foods. If there’s one thing you need to know about Toronto, it’s that Torontonians LOVE brunch. Check out this list for the ultimate brunch spots for your next mid-morning outing.

(PHIL LEI/UNSPLASH)

1. Le Petit Dejeuner – 191 King Street East

European-style food meets diner quality atmosphere at this cozy cafe, which boasts traditional Belgian waffles, rich eggs benedict, and amazing sandwiches. As one of the most popular spots in the city, you’ll definitely want to plan ahead or depart early, especially on Sundays, where you’ll most likely wait at least 30 minutes for a table. Nonetheless, the wait is well worth it.

2. YAYA – 1186 Queen Street East

When you think Leslieville brunch spots, Lady Marmalade is usually what comes to mind, however their waiting times are outlandish. Instead try YAYA, a lush cafe with minimalist decor, and an extensive menu for every dietary need. From gluten free to vegan to vegetarian to meat lovers, YAYA has something for everyone. They also make their own halloumi cheese in house, and sell fresh logs of it to feed your cravings at home.

3. KOST – 80 Blue Jays Way, 44th Floor

For those that want to indulge in that Cali lifestyle, KOST will satisfy all your bougie needs. This Baja Cali fusion restaurant has arguably one of the best views in the city, and the most Instagrammable smoothie bowls to brighten up your feed.

(DEREK TSANG/FLICKER) 

4. Fran’s – 200 Victoria Street, 20 College Street, 33 Yonge Street

A classic spot for anyone that lives in the 6, Fran’s is one of the oldest diners in Toronto. Open 24 hours a day, with all day/night breakfast Fran’s is perfect for drunk munchies, hangover brunch and everything in between! Oh, and their Victoria Street location is a short five minute walk from campus!

5. Fresh – Multiple locations throughout the city

Vegan friends, this one’s for you. Fresh is known as one of the best vegan chains in the city, and their brunch is legendary. If you’re looking for the location with the best atmosphere, I would highly suggest their brand new Front Street location. For those new to vegan food, my personal fave thing to order is the tofu scramble with blueberry pancakes, and tempeh bacon, and I think it stands out in comparison to the average breakfast plate.

6. Starving Artist – 810 College Street

Let’s finish the list how we started: with waffles. Last but certainly not least, if waffles are your vibe, then Starving Artist is the place for you. Starving Artist makes some of the fluffiest waffles in the city, and their savoury potato waffles are truly innovative and enough to make Eleven toss away her Eggos. Save room for dessert too, because their s’more waffle is outstanding.

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.