Style

5 Size-Inclusive Lingerie Brands to Buy from this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and this year, it might look a little different. In the past, you may have gotten together with friends, had a romantic night with your SO or even exchanged gifts with people in your family to remind them how much you love them. In the wake of the pandemic, those extremely fun holiday excursions will most likely not be an option, and many will be spending the day of love alone— but we’re here to tell you— that’s OK. 

Be your own Valentine this year, and treat yourself to a luxurious gift of lingerie because you deserve it. Even if you have a special someone, lingerie is meant to make YOU feel sexy, beautiful and confident. However, this isn’t always the case. Many brands promote one body type on their website, making it incredibly frustrating for the majority of the world who doesn’t look like what you see on screen. This can be detrimental to someone’s mental health and body image when the average person puts on something so delicate and sensual as lingerie and can’t get over the fact that their body doesn’t replicate the model shown. This is why, this year, it’s essential to support the brands that do parade every body type, background and everything in between. It’s important that people start to see their body type represented in order to understand no body is as beautiful or sexy as the other. We are all beautiful and it’s time we show it.

Aerie

Aerie is known for its soft bras, underwear and activewear, but after scrolling through their Valentine’s Day collection, they’ve mastered the art of body inclusivity. From sizes XXS to XXL, the brand is taking into account everyone’s comfort level and showing you don’t have to look like a Victoria’s Secret model to be beautiful. The brand offers a range of your “not-so-average” V-Day lingerie, including more feminine and light designs, which might put a pep in your step over the gloomy month of February. Why not be extremely comfortable on Valentine’s Day as well as sexy? 

Affordability: $

Our Picks: 

Aerie Mesh Ruffle Strappy Triangle Bralette – $39.95 CAD (on sale for $27.96 CAD)

Aerie Mesh Ruffle Cheeky Underwear – $12.95 CAD (“Buy 2 for $14 CAD”)

Asos

If you’ve never heard of ASOS, you’re missing out. This brand has thousands of different lingerie pieces, accommodating everyone with their ASOS Curve, ASOS Tall, ASOS Petite, and ASOS Maternity lines. ASOS, which has its own clothing line, as well as many others, like Calvin Klein, does not fail to leave anybody underrepresented while giving customers endless options. From simple, comfortable lounge sets, to sexy and risqué lingerie, there’s no doubt you’ll be able to find something that makes your heart pound and makes you reek of confidence and sexiness. 

Affordability: $-$$$

Our Picks:

We Are We Wear Curve Evolve recycled lace cami strap triangle bralette in khaki and navy – $46.63 CAD on sale for $34.98 CAD

We Are We Wear Curve Evolve recycled lace thong in khaki and navy – $26.00 CAD

Knix Wear

Knix Wear is all about celebrating every body type. The Toronto-based brand has everything from contour shapewear to, wait for it, period underwear— yes, I said period underwear. Their style, although on the simple side, is perfect to make you feel as comfortable as possible— almost like your undergarments are your second skin. What’s better than feeling sexy— feeling sexy while still feeling comfortable, and with Knix Wear, you can achieve that. 

Affordability: $$

Our Picks:

LuxeLift Pullover Bra shade, Cerise – $50.00 USD

Leakproof Cheeky shade, Cerise – $23.00 USD

ThirdLove

ThirdLove is all about finding what will make YOU feel good based on your body shape, accepting the idea no body is the same and all bodies are beautiful. The brand offers through their website a personalized quiz to find your perfect size and fit, as well as show every product on two completely different body types, so the customer can get a sense of what the lingerie might look like on their body. Their size range is also like no other, where lingerie ranges anywhere from XS to 3X, making an effort to ensure all sizes get an equal choice in the lingerie they offer.

Affordability: $$

Our Picks:

24/7 Lace Balconette Bra – $70 CAD (on sale for $55 CAD)

Lace Back Cheeky – $28 CAD (“2 for $36” CAD)

Savage x Fenty

Say what you want about Rihanna, but her lingerie line Savage x Fenty doesn’t disappoint in their delivery of size and ethnic inclusivity. In fact, it’s pretty clear this brand specializes in it! With every single item you choose to view, pops up an option to view it on a number of different models, all ranging in sizes and skin-tones. This allows for more representation and less false advertising. The V-Day collection oozes with confidence and is just as sexy as the superstar founder herself. From garters to balconette bras to one-pieces, there’s something for everyone, and having all these beautiful models showcase them leaves no body type behind. The Savage x Fenty brand also has a section directed towards men, with silk boxers, boxer briefs and robes, because everyone deserves to be comfy and confident.

Affordability: $$$

Our Picks:

Linking Hearts Embroidery Unlined Laced Balconette Bra – $87.11 CAD

Linking Hearts Embroidery G-String – $30.78 CAD

Kate Jones

Toronto MU '23

Kate Jones is a Her Campus Contributing Writer. Kate is currently studying Journalism at Ryerson University, in Toronto, Ontario. Along with Her Campus, Kate has written for NewWave Magazine and currently produces and hosts her own radio show, Fem Radio at CJRU 1280 AM. In her free time, Kate enjoys exercising, baking (and then eating everything she baked!), and travelling.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.