5 Halloween Costumes You Can Find in Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Halloween is coming quick, and while some people may have been planning their costumes for ages, others may be scrambling to find something to wear this weekend. Never fear: as a perpetual procrastinator, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to last-minute Halloween costumes. No need to rush to the store to buy an overpriced costume when you can use things you probably already have in your closet for the festivities!

1. Wednesday Addams

Let’s start off simple. A black dress and a white collared top are perfect for a Wednesday Addams costume. Coupled with her signature double braids, you’ll be instantly recognizable!

1. Misty (from Pokemon)

Do we have any Pokemon fans here? Misty is an iconic female character from the Pokemon anime and her costume is so easy to recreate! Simply find a yellow crop top, green shorts and suspenders, and you’ve got yourself a perfect costume. Plus, any Pokemon plushie would be a perfect accessory!

1. Kim Possible

All the redheads, raise your hands! Kim Possible’s costume is perfect for you. Grab a long-sleeved black top and a pair of green cargo pants with some fun belts or other super-spy tools, and you’ll be unstoppable.

1. Olivia Rodrigo (SOUR cover)

Feeling a little salty? Bitter? Or maybe even… SOUR? Olivia Rodrigo blessed the world with her amazing album this year, and what better way to honour her than with a picture-perfect recreation of her iconic album cover this Halloween? A light pink tank top with a plaid skirt, plus some stickers all over your face will definitely be good 4 u!

1. Sandy (from Grease)

Who doesn’t love a makeover moment? Sandy’s outfit at the end of Grease is the perfect cool-girl look to bring to any Halloween party. Just pull up in leggings, a fitted top and a leather jacket, and you’ll definitely be the one that everyone wants! 

Hopefully, you were able to find the perfect outfit for this Halloweekend, or at least be inspired to dig through your closet to find something you can repurpose into a costume. Happy Halloween!

Samantha Ti

Toronto MU '24

Samantha is a second-year media production student with a passion for screenwriting and music. She loves sitcoms, Taylor Swift, and predictable, trope-y love stories. As someone who enjoys writing complicated characters, you'll often find Samantha at a local café taking note of the people and dynamics around her, or deep into the world of yet another story.