10 Activities to Do This Summer with Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

By: Sarah Patriarca

The Drive-In

If you are feeling nostalgic and want a chance to go back to the 50s, then The Drive-In is perfect for those late summer nights! 5 Drive-In located in Oakville is perfect, showing movies that are now playing in theatres! So grab your favourite snack, bring your friends or SO and pick a movie of your choice! This activity is one of my favourites!

Bonfires at Night

Bonfires are the best for late summer nights when all you want to do is chill at home with some friends and talk around the fire! S’mores are my favourite and taste better with friends!

Distillery District

For this event, I would say if you have a significant other, bring them to this place! This place offers many places whether it be underneath the heart or at the lover’s lock, you are bound to take good pictures for your Instagram to share with others! The lover’s lock is one of my favorite spots to put a lock of love with your significant other!

Visit Harbour front or any beach

Harbour front and the beaches area are probably one of my favourite spots in downtown Toronto. It’s beautiful at night and during the day, and perfect for both families and friends to make the day special! If you happen to visit Harbour Front, go on a boat tour and tour around downtown area. There are even times in which you can go on night, doing a boat cruise filled with lots of people, good food, and great pictures!

Go to a Sports Game

Even if you aren’t a big fan of the Toronto teams or the sport even, this is a great way to kick back, have a beer, and enjoy a nice summer day with your friends! Preferably Blue Jay games are my favourite, as the atmosphere is always amazing with some friends!

The CNE

The CNE is amazing way to enjoy the last few summer nights in August just before school begins. Try some fried food, play some games, and have fun on some of the rides! Whether it be day or night, the CNE is amazing way to finish the summer in Toronto!

Be a Tourist for a Day

Whether it be going to the CN tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, the ROM or the AGO, visit any of these attractions during the summer. Being a tourist for a day in your own city is a great way to learn more about your city and have a great time with friends. The ROM and AGO offer different exhibits all the time, to spark your interests in history and art.

Go Cycling on Toronto Island

I’ve personally never done this before and plan on doing it this year! Cycling is a great way to get around the city and it especially really nice around the Harbour Front and on the Toronto Island. While you’re there enjoy the view and maybe make a picnic with your SO!

Music Concerts and Music Festivals

If you are very passionate about a certain artist or music in general, check out a concert! Concerts are a way to just let go and be free, and the atmospheres are always amazing! Some artists that are coming to Toronto this summer are Taylor Swift, Depeche Mode, Harry Styles, and Ed Sheeran!

Be a Pedestrian

Honestly, one of the best ways to get around in the city is to just be a pedestrian and wander around the city. You’ll be amazed as to what you might find that isn’t too popular or known to many people. By just walking around and enjoying the city skyscrapers and little nooks you might just find one of your favourite spots in the city!

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.