This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

I recently moved into a house with some friends that I go to school with, and now rely on myself to make my own meals and snacks rather than on a meal plan or my parents. Over the span of the past couple of months, I’ve really taken up cooking and trying to make new foods. I get a lot of ideas from social media such as tik-tok or Instagram, but I also look up recipes online when I’m not sure what to make. The fall is the best time for comfort food in my opinion, so I’ll share with you some of the desserts that I’ve made recently that I think you should definitely try to make in your own kitchen!

Brown Sugar maple cookies: 

-Beat together 1/2 sticks butter, 1.5 sticks cooled browned butter, 1 cup brown sugar, ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup Apple butter, 1 egg, 2 tsp vanilla extract. 

-Add 2 ⅓ cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt.

– Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of pecans

– bake until fluffy 

@halfbakedharvest on Tik Tok

Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling

-Mix together 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 egg, half cup brown sugar, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup vegetable oil, light sour cream, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, lots of pumpkin spice spice 

-Add 1 cup flour and 1 tsp baking powder

-In a separate bowl add 4 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 egg, ¼ cup sugar, and ¼ cup of flour 

-Layer batter on the bottom and add in a layer of the cream cheese filling between layers. 

-Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes

@myhealthydish on Tik Tok

Hello! My name is Angela and I'm a sophomore architecture major, minoring in business management and sustainability. When I'm not in school, I love to hike, hang out with friends, and shop.