This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

We’re always looking for something new to watch on Netflix! This cannot be more stressed enough, now that it’s getting a bit chillier and windier out and more students are becoming less inclined to leave their dorms, homes, or apartments. Here are two new gems we think you should check out!

Atypical​

“Finish the sentence:  I spend a lot of time thinking about what? That’s easy, penguins.”

Normal is overrated, it always has been. Atypical is a Netflix Original about a boy named Sam Gardner, a high schooler who is also autistic and loves penguins. In Season 1, Sam lets us know a ton of cool facts about Antarctica, penguins and more. He has this sudden desire to date and looks for advice from his family and therapist. Sam suddenly falls in love with his therapist and confides in his dad about his feelings. When his father informs him that he must date someone his own age he gets a “practice girlfriend” and tries to figure out what dating is all about. Sam finds himself trying to navigate through the world of dating but runs into a few problems along the way. With only eight episodes in season one, you will be wishing there was just one more episode to binge watch. No worries, season 2 comes back in 2018 with more cool facts from Sam!

The Babysitter

If you’re looking for something super serious and scary, this probably isn’t the movie you should watch. In The Babysitter, things take a turn for the worst after a kid tries to spy on his babysitter and her friends. The Babysitter, which is a Netflix original, is a teen horror-comedy movie that clearly isn’t meant to be taken seriously…so don’t watch this movie expecting anything Oscar-worthy. However, what can be expected is a serious good time…of laughs and pure entertainment.

Courtesy of Giphy

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!  
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).