What’s In My Bag?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Going Out Bag

I approach my going out bag with a very minimalistic attitude: the less you carry, the more fun you will have. It is a pain to drag a heavy bag around with you, especially after a long day of classes or at work, and you really do not want to bring your boring baggage out with you. Cross-body bags are perfect for evenings out because they are compact, convenient, and cute. Although these bags are small, they have just enough space for your going out essentials.

·      Phone

·      Wallet/ID case (I carry a small wallet with enough card slots and a compartment for cash)

·      Keys

·      Mascara

·      Lipstick/lip balm

·      Oil-blotting sheets

·      Gum/mouth freshener

·      Feminine napkins (if necessary)

Everyday Tote Bag

The everyday tote bag is a college girl’s staple accessory. It is the cutest way to carry all the academic baggage from classes and other work. Currently, I am using the Jet Setter Neoprene Tote by Michael Kors. It is a large-sized bag and is great for carrying folders, notebooks, and (occasionally) even my laptop. Because I am out for majority of the day, I do have a lot sitting in my bag. Just like my going out bag, I take the same things listed above in my everyday tote – and then some.

·      Phone

·      Wallet (I carry a larger wallet that holds more cards and cash)

·      Keys

·      Makeup bag (It find it convenient to carry a small bag to put my beauty knick-knacks in)

o   Mascara

o   Powder

o   Blush

o   Lipstick/lip balm

o   Oil-blotting sheets

o   Eyeliner

o   Tiny perfume bottle

o   Powder brush

o   Feminine napkins

o   Gum/mouth freshener

o   Mirror

o   Hand sanitizer

o   Hand lotion

o   Tissues

*While this may seem like a lot, I highly recommend getting travel-size products!

·      Planner

·      Expandable folder

·      Phone charger

·      Writing supplies

·      Water bottle

·      Umbrella

Backpack

Love them or hate them, backpacks are the most convenient bags to use for school! Not only are they spacious, but also they don’t put all the weight on one shoulder and they are great for heavier things, like laptops. Plus, they are ideal for days you are busy, have an exam, or need to hide out in the library to catch up on all those readings! I have been using the Vera Bradley backpack for two years now, and it has just recently started to show some wear and tear. My favorite parts about it are the many compartments – especially the one for my laptop, which is just what organizational aficionados (like myself) need. As I am out all day, I carry the same exact things as I listed above for my everyday tote. Only on days when I need to carry my laptop or a textbook do I rock the backpack – and you ladies should not be afraid to either! The backpack is a classic bag and you can never go wrong with it.

Priyanka is a junior at Rutgers University, New Brunswick. She is pursuing a major in Marketing and a minor in Spanish language. Priyanka is obsessed with beauty, fashion, and coffee. When she is not running around campus, Priyanka enjoys spending time with her Sigma Kappa sorority sisters, shopping at Zara, and watching Sex and the City.Get to know her more! Follow Priyanka on Twitter: @priyankajayy
Latina Journalista