Valentine’s Day Fun With Your Gals or Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

With February upon us, many have all things love on their minds. Whether it’s love for a significant other or your girl friends, everyone has some kind of love that they can celebrate. Classes, work, and other commitments may be taking a lot out of you at the moment, but it is important to stop and take the time to appreciate the ones you love.

Spending time with your other half

For those with a special someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with, picking a local romantic place to get together is a great way to show how much you love and appreciate them. If you both have hectic schedules, be sure to plan in advance to either grab lunch or dinner with them. In New Brunswick specifically, maybe try Sahara, Tacoria, or Sakana.

In addition to spending some time together, writing out a heartfelt message on a card and giving them a small, thoughtful gift would really show how much you appreciate them. Everyone loves to be reminded how much they mean to someone else, so taking the time to say and show that you care is very thoughtful.

Another fun idea of how to spend the romantic holiday with your partner is going out to see a movie or staying in and watching one together. Maybe there’s a new movie you both have been dying to see or an old classic you want to cuddle up and watch together.

Spending time with your girls

As for the single girls, just because you may not have a partner to celebrate with, that does not mean you can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day with your girlfriends. Getting a group of girls together to watch rom-coms, or even to bake desserts together is a great way to celebrate V-day.

Getting together in one of your friend’s living rooms and decorating the space in all things heart-shaped, glittery, and red is the perfect opportunity to take some photos together. You can even have more fun if you all dress up in pink, red, and purple to celebrate the day.

You could even bake and decorate Valentine-themed cupcakes or cookies together. This is not only fun, but it is a sweet treat to look forward to. You each could bring various frostings, sprinkles, and cookie cutters to make it extra exciting.

After you have decorated your sweet treats, you all could unwind and have a PJ party and pamper yourselves! You could do facemasks, paint each other’s nails, and of course, catch up by talking about your day-to-day lives.

However you are spending Valentine’s day, make sure you do it with a person (or the people) you love! Showing that you love and appreciate someone always feels good.

Heather is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies with a specialization in Global Media, and minoring in Business and Technical Writing. Besides writing, she enjoys binging true crime documentaries, baking cookies, and walking along scenic trails. IG: @heathersuraci