hub?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
hub?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

THE LUCKY GIRL SYNDROME & HOW TO GET IT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.
hub?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

The TikTok community has recently been raging over all sorts of manifestation techniques. It’s a hot topic that’s taken the platform by storm, allowing thousands of creators to share their personal stories and experiences of practicing the art of manifestation. Standard methods like visualization, gratitude journals, and vision boards have already captured our attention, but let me introduce you to a fresh, new approach—the Lucky Girl Syndrome. Founded on positive thinking, self-assurance, and deliberate actions to manifest the life you desire, the “Lucky Girl Syndrome” embodies embracing a fortunate and empowered perspective. 

Thanks to the psychology class I took in high school, the first thing that popped into my head after hearing about the Lucky Girl Syndrome was the self-affirmation theory (Steele, 1988). For context, this theory delves into the idea that people have a natural desire to maintain a positive self-image and preserve their self-identity. In the realm of the Lucky Girl Syndrome, people often engage in positive self-talk regarding the qualities or experiences they want to attract into their lives. It’s just like creating a vivid vision board with words and affirming all the incredible things that could be around the corner. Each self-affirmation practiced becomes a brushstroke on the canvas of reality, painting a vibrant masterpiece of optimism!

So, how does this work? Well, for starters, start with a positive mindset. Believe that you have the power to turn anything into reality. It’s all about having confidence in your abilities to attract positive experiences, despite facing dilemmas. Next, make sure you practice gratitude. Take time each day to count your blessings. This can be done by using affirmations as well. Repeat positive statements about your luck and success. Tell yourself you are lucky and everything happens for a reason. Some of my personal favorite affirmations are:

“I am so lucky. Everything always works out for me.”

“The universe protects me and conspires to bring positivity into my life.”

“I always get what I want. Everything I want always wants me more.”

“The best is what I receive. The universe has my back.” 

“I am eternally blessed, glowing, and grateful.”

“I am worthy of success, abundance, and prosperity.”

“I believe in myself and my abilities.”

“I am right where I want to be.”

Another thing you need to do is gravitate toward people and environments that uplift and inspire you to be the best version of yourself. Remember, positive energy attracts luck! Lastly, visualize yourself experiencing lucky moments and achieving your goals. Visualize the details and emotions of what you want to manifest as that sends a powerful message to your subconscious mind and the universe. This helps align your thoughts, actions, and emotions with what you want to attract into your life. 

By incorporating these steps into your life, you are unleashing the power of luck and attracting abundance into your life. Keep rocking that lucky girl attitude and watch as amazing opportunities come your way. You’ve got this!

Isha Sharma

Rutgers '25

Hi! My name is Isha and I'm studying at Rutgers University-New Brunswick.