This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Valentine’s Day is approaching quicker than expected. Besides gift shopping for your partner, getting your nails done is at the top of the list for most of us. Nailboo offers an easy and affordable way to get salon-quality nails at home in the comfort of your own bed.

Going to a salon can sometimes be intimidating; it’s difficult to choose your nail shade from the endless number of polishes, and you might feel rushed to decide. With Nailboo, it’s just you, so there is absolutely no rush or pressure to choose which pigment you want. The company offers numerous colors to choose from, so you can create an endless number of designs. For those who aren’t sure if they can do their own nails, the company also offers a step-by-step guide on using its dip powder kits.

Nailboo has hues from all across the rainbow, and the dip powders range from neons, pastels, deep colors, and glitter to color-changing shades. With all these different options, there are so many colors to choose from! One of Nailboo’s latest releases is a color-changing shade called Mystery Mood—the two pigments are a sparkly brownish pink and a deeper blue, and its color changes depending on the room’s temperature or how you’re feeling.

Dip powder is different from nail polish; you can choose how light or dark you’d like to make the shade. If you do multiple coats of powder, you can get darker tones of the selected color. As an additional benefit, doing multiple coats keeps your nails protected and sturdy. Nailboo also has a first coat of dip powder called build powder, which you put on before anything else; It is there to strengthen your nails and prevent them from breaking. The powder goes by its name—it helps build and grow your nails to be healthier.

There is also no need to stock up on a certain hue, as each container of the dip powder can be used up to 30 different times, even if you do multiple coats. You’ll be set for a while after getting just a couple of different colors, and with the constant drops of new shades, you’ll never run out. Plus, each set can last at least three weeks if you don’t feel like changing the pigment so soon.

With each container offering 30 full sets worth of polish, it’s a no-brainer that you’ll also be saving money. Each container of dip powder is $14 compared to the nail salon, where it costs around $40 to get your nails done once. Even with that extremely nice price, the company always has sales going on as well. By signing up for the mailing list, you’ll be in the loop for all the drops and promos. Not only is it cheaper than going to a salon, but Nailboo products are also made to give you a high-quality-looking manicure.

If dip powder isn’t exactly what you prefer to do with your nails, then Nailboo also offers press-on nails and polish. And if you like fancy designs, Nailboo constantly posts creative ways to use dip powder and nail polish on their social media.

There is nothing like being able to get salon-quality nails in the comfort of your own home while resting in bed. It is something I wouldn’t want to trade in for anything.

Amanda Clark

Rutgers '24

Amanda Clark is a senior attending Rutgers University—New Brunswick. She is a Journalism and Media Studies major with a minor in Creative Writing. Amanda is passionate about feminism and expanding her interests while getting more involved on campus. Amanda is looking for roles where she can grow and apply her interpersonal skills to build on her writing.