This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Coming up this month on Sunday April 23rd is RU Atelier’s 1st Annual Diversity Fashion Show. RU Atelier is a relatively new organization on campus that hosts events meant to provide destressing projects revolving around DIY fashion, crafting, décor, and beauty trends. This fashion show embarks on the current issues facing respect and equality for people of all backgrounds and beliefs, primarily in the fashion industry. The students leading RU Atelier believe the first step to making a change starts somewhere, somehow. That is why they are tackling the change right in the heart of diversity at Rutgers University, where the fashion capital is a mere 45-minute train ride away. RU Atelier’s Diversity Fashion Show consists of all around diversity from their members to their sponsors and show structure. Thus far, the organization has gone to great lengths to promote their event and make it as cohesive and professional as possible.

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.