The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

As a makeup enthusiast, Sephora is my ultimate beauty haven. From finding the perfect foundation shade to exploring all the new skincare trends, Sephora’s extensive selection has something for every beauty lover. I’m amazed at how many new products are released every month and love keeping up with the latest trends. If you share a similar interest, you’ve come to the right place! I’m going to share my top 5 Sephora essentials that I absolutely can’t live without. 

1. Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum ($35.00)

https://www.sephora.com/product/P466123

Okay, this is hands-down the best serum I’ve used on my face. If you deal with sensitive skin, like me, this is the perfect choice for you. This serum has transformed my skincare routine. It’s perfectly lightweight, fast-absorbing, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed. The watermelon extract is fragrant, rich in vitamins and amino acids, and adds a boost of hydration to the skin. I cannot recommend this serum enough for anyone looking to add a little extra radiance to their skin. 

1. Laneige’s Glowy Lip Balm ($19.00)

https://www.sephora.com/product/glowy-lip-balm-P443563?skuId=2743060&icid2=products%20grid:p443563:product

This lip balm is a fantastic addition to my makeup collection. Not only does it nourish and moisturize my lips, but also adds a beautiful sheer pink gloss without adding any stickiness. I’ve always suffered from having sensitive, chapped lips and hydration has always been so hard to find in any of the lip balms I’ve used before. This glowy balm provides long-lasting hydration and consists of Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant in protecting lips and brightening them. It’s great for a dewy look and comes in a range of flattering tints for you to choose from. 

1. Ilia Beauty’s Multi-Stick Cream Blush + Highlighter + Lip Tint ($36.00)

This product is an absolute game-changer in my makeup routine. It’s so versatile and serves as a blush, highlighter, and lip tint all in one stick. I mostly use it as a blush and I can say this is the most long-lasting one I’ve ever come across. The formula is creamy and blendable and gives my face a natural flush of color with a subtle glow. Ilia is a vegan brand and I prefer investing in vegan products, especially if you have sensitive skin like mine. Their products are suitable for all skin types and are made with clean ingredients such as avocado oil and shea butter, which provide hydration and nourishment to the skin. Highly recommend this product for all my ‘no-makeup makeup’ girlies. 

1. Rare Beauty’s Tinted Moisturizer and SPF 20 ($30.00)

https://www.sephora.com/product/rare-beauty-by-selena-gomez-positive-light-tinted-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-spf-20-sunscreen-P482729?skuId=2557072&icid2=products%20grid:p482729:product

This is more than just a tinted moisturizer- to me, it is a skincare product that provides hydration, sun protection, and a natural, radiant finish. It consists of hyaluronic acid that ensures my skin stays hydrated and nourished throughout the day. It’s lightweight and very comfortable on the skin and gives the right amount of coverage for a natural, dewy finish. I love that it contains SPF 20 and gives me added protection from the sun without an extra layer of sunscreen. This product has become a staple in my makeup bag, providing me with a flawless and gentle complexion. 

1. Olaplex’s No.3 Hair Perfector ($30.00)

https://www.sephora.com/product/P428224

This hair treatment is truly a godsend. As someone who frequently gets split ends, I find my hair texture to be pretty rough at times. It causes frizziness, breakage, and an overall dull appearance to my hair. With this product, I’ve noticed a remarkable change in my hair. It feels smoother, looks vibrant, and is easily styled. I use Olaplex in my hair once a month and I’ve noticed how my hair doesn’t break or fall off that much anymore. active ingredient called bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate (yes, I didn’t read the whole thing either) which repairs broken bonds in the hair caused by chemical or thermal damage. It’s free of silicones and sulfates, making it an effective and gentle treatment for all hair types. 

So, these are my top 5 must-haves from Sephora that have transformed my skin, hair, and makeup routines. Each product offers unique benefits that cater to different aspects of my beauty needs, from hydration and nourishment to protection and radiance. Again, this is just my opinion and what helps me. Everyone has different preferences and needs when it comes to beauty, so it’s important to find what works best for you. Hopefully, some of these recommendations resonate with you and can enhance your beauty routine as they have mine!

Isha Sharma

Rutgers '25

Hi! My name is Isha and I'm studying at Rutgers University-New Brunswick.