Highland Park Farmers Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I absolutely love farmers markets. My town, like most towns, has farmers markets throughout the spring and summer. This summer I went to my town’s farmers market with my tote bags ready to collect my weekly fresh fruit and vegetables. When summer ended and I came back to Rutgers, I wondered if there were farmers market in the area. I remembered that freshman year, my Byrne seminar went to the Highland Park Farmers Market with my professor. We bought food and went to our professor’s house for brunch. This was totally not creepy; she was an elderly British lady who had more energy than the whole class. 

When I came back to Rutgers, I checked to see if the Highland Park Farmers Market was still running. They have a Facebook page (very convenient for us millennials) which keeps me updated with events related to the town. The farmers market is every Friday from 11:00-5:30 and has many different vendors ranging from produce, bread, doughnuts(!!!), meat/fish, and Thai food. I do admit, the produce was a little pricy but for the quality of the produce, I definitely think it’s worth it. I got a bunch of fruits, vegetables, and this bread that may have been one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. It was a massive loaf stuffed with mozzarella, spinach, and garlic. Needless to say that bread was the highlight of my weekend, debatably my month. #carbsarelife. While I’m not able to get to the Highland Park Farmers Market every week, I try to get there as much as I can. It’s a great option for college students who want some awesome, fresh food and to check out Highland Park! You’ll probably see me there. 

Find the Facebook page here.

Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, Faith attends Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she plans to major in Psychology and minor in Philosophy and Criminology.  Faith enjoys writing and traveling. She loves cats, books, and the color blue. In the future, Faith would like to attend law school.