Life > Experiences

Girl Gang Goals: Fun Activities to Do with Your Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Grab your gal pals, because it’s time to make some memories! No matter what kind of friend group you are, you’ll be sure to have some unforgettable hangouts with these activities!

*Disclaimer: some of these activities are recommended to involve the consumption of (legal) substances, do not participate if you are under the legal age. 

🎨 For the Creatives:

• Drunk Painting: Grab some canvases, paints, and a bottle of wine, and let your inner artist shine.
  • Photoshoots: Grab a camera, put on some cute outfits, and find an aesthetic location for the perfect photoshoot session. Bonus points if there’s a theme!
  • Karaoke: Whether you keep it as home karaoke or head out to a private room, reveal your inner pop star by singing your favorite songs with your friends.
  • Color Me Mine: Explore your artistic side by painting pottery with your besties. You can even get the same pieces and make them for each other as a cute matching set!
  • Goals Night: Set intentions, dream big, and manifest your goals with an ambitious vision board-making session.
  • Costume Party: Whether it’s ’80s glam, enchanted forest, or a royal banquet, get into character and dress to impress for this fun-filled night.

🏡 For the Homebodies

• Game Nights: Bring out the board games and card decks for a cozy game night. 
  • Childhood Movie Night: Take a trip down memory lane with a nostalgic movie night featuring all your favorite childhood classics.
  • Powerpoint Night: Have all your friends pick a topic and give a presentation on it; whether it’s the history of their dating life, a review of their favorite album, or a list of fictional characters they’d move to a deserted island with, this is sure to be an entertaining night.
  • Hobby Share: Share your passions and interests by teaching each other new skills. 
  • Listening Party: Create a playlist of your favorite songs and albums, and take turns sharing your musical tastes with a listening party. Dance and sing to your favorite tunes together.
  • Movie Marathon: Choose a theme or series, grab some popcorn, and get ready to binge-watch. 
  • Spa Day: Give yourselves the luxury treatment you deserve with nail treatments, face masks, footbaths, and cucumber slices. 
  • Trivia Night: Create trivia questions about each friend to test how well you know each other and discover new facts. 

🪩 For the Adventurous

• Go on a Day Trip: Whether you plan ahead or turn it into a spontaneous event, travel with your girlies to explore a nearby town or attraction. 
  • Outfit Swap: Go to a local thrift store (or raid each other’s closets) and dress each other up in each other’s styles for a new makeover. 
  • Sports Day: Organize a friendly sports day featuring a variety of outdoor games and activities and get competitive.
  • Roller Skating: Find a local public roller rink or take to an open parking lot to have a fun night on skates. 
  • Escape Room: Test your problem-solving skills and teamwork abilities to solve clues together before the clock runs out.
  • Bowling: Lace up your bowling shoes and hit the lanes for a classic bowling night. 
  • NYC/Philly Trip: Plan a day trip to the big city for sightseeing, shopping, and (of course) eating! Whether it’s Philly, NYC, or somewhere else, there’s always something to do! 
  • Road Trip: Pack snacks, crank up the tunes, and make memories on the open road.
  • Trials of Friendship: Each friend should come up with a trial (or several) specific to them as a person to test all the others. Everyone must compete to accomplish each trial, which can be as ridiculous, daring, or challenging as you want! 

🍽️ For the Foodies

• Potluck Dinners: Host a dinner party where each friend brings their signature dish to share.
  • Board Night: Like a charcuterie board, invite your friends to put together themed cutting boards of food. These can be a fries board, a drinks board, a bread board, or anything else your friends can think up and put together!
  • Drink (or Snack) Night: Have your friends mix up a signature cocktail (or mocktail) for each of you to indulge in a taste-testing night.
  • Themed Dinner Parties: Get creative with themed dinner parties; whether you serve foods from a certain region or require your guests to dress a certain way, themed dinner parties are always fun and creative. 
  • Drunk Cake/Cupcake/Cookie Decorating: Decorate your sweets of choice with a tipsy twist. Just make sure to bake everything while sober!
  • Picnic: Pack a basket with your favorite snacks, sandwiches, and sips, and head to a nearby park for a relaxing picnic. 

Whether you want to express your creativity, gather at home, seek adventure, try new dishes, or just spend some quality time with your besties, these fun activities are sure to bring quality bonding time and create lasting memories with all your girls!

Averielle (pronounced like av-ree-el) is a senior at Rutgers University-New Brunswick, studying Asian Studies and Women's and Gender Studies. Her passions lie in traveling and learning about other cultures and languages; in her free time, she enjoys drawing, journaling, and hanging out with her cats :)