This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Kilmer Library on Livingston

While it is often crowded (and sometimes noisy) on the first floor of the library, there is always someplace to sit and study. Despite how crowded it can get, there is rarely a time when there are no open seats at a table if you want to study or do work. If you don’t need a table or are just hanging out between classes, there are comfy chairs. For people who want a quieter environment, there are great places upstairs where you can work in almost absolute silence. Kilmer generally has a wide variety of options for people to choose from to maximize their library experience and get the work they need done.

Hill Center Library on Busch

This is one of the quieter, lesser-known libraries here on campus. It is definitely a better choice for when you just need silence to pound that 5-page paper out. Bonus: There is a free computer repair lab in the Hill Center as well!

Library of Science and Medicine on Busch

One of the most popular libraries here on Busch is the LSM. Because of the many floors, you can work on a team project here, or go upstairs to the third floor to the quiet zone. Be warned, the quiet zone is taken very seriously, so make sure you take your phone calls outside or in the stairwell! If you are studying with friend, another great option is to reserve a study room.

Alexander Library on College Ave

Or ‘Club Alex’ as a lot of people like to call it, is one of College Ave’s finest attractions. When you think of a library on a college campus you probably think about stressed, broke college kids chugging a red bull to finish a paper last minute. This is exactly the atmosphere of Alex. It’s scary but, in a way, comforting because you know everyone around you has been there for 12 hours minimum and hasn’t showered or eaten in days just like you.

Art Library on College Ave

Across from Scott Hall and next to Voorhees Hall at the Voorhees Mall, the Art Library is a hidden gem among the libraries available at Rutgers. If you have classes at Murray, Scott, or Voorhees it is an incredibly convenient place to print your papers last minute. Besides being convenient, it’s a quiet little spot that’s great for studying in-between classes. Plus, they’re always showcasing cool art exhibits.

Bonus: The PaparazZI Cafe, located in the Zimmerli Art Museum, is a great place to get a bite or a cup of coffee during study breaks. There’s a hidden entrance to the cafe through Voorhees Hall.

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.
Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
Rutgers University student who enjoys Netflix, a good book and some pasta :)
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).