This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Danielle O’Herron is a senior at Rutgers New Brunswick. She’s from Belford, NJ, a transfer student from Brookdale Community College, majoring in Animal Science.

What are you involved in at Rutgers?

I’m involved in the Rutgers University Seeing Eye Puppy Raising Club or RUSEPRC.

What caused you be involved in the Rutgers Seeing Eye Puppy Raising Club?

The main reason: I love dogs. These puppies that we are raising and training in the club are going to change someone’s life one day by giving a sight-impaired or blind person independence. I love having the opportunity to be a part of that process.

If you had to pick a favorite experience/moment that you’ve had since coming to Rutgers, what would it be?

Through RUSEPRC, I went on an overnight trip to Washington, DC. It was a lot of fun walking around a new city with my friends and staying overnight in a hotel with the puppies.

What was it like being a transfer student? Do you enjoy it or…?

I enjoyed it. I was able to transfer over my credits without any problems. I loved Rutgers since move-in day! I got involved on campus right away, and it was easy to make friends. I wish I had more time on Rutgers, but I’m happy with how things worked out.

Is there a place you go to on/near campus where you like to study?

I’m mostly on Cook campus so I like the Cook Student Center. I spend a lot of time there and they have plenty of resources like the computer lab and study room, as well as comfy couches.

What’s your favorite dining hall?

My favorite is definitely Neilson on Cook campus, considering it’s the only dining hall I’ve been to at Rutgers.

What’s your favorite animal?

Definitely the Grizzly bear. I have a huge love for animals since childhood, but bears have always been a favorite.

What’s your favorite dessert?

Ice cream; it doesn’t require prepping and cooking and it comes in a lot of flavors.

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).