Wondering If On Campus Living Is Right For You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Hesitant about living on campus? You’re not alone. With the recent expansion of student housing on Rowan’s campus, more and more students are wondering if they might be better off ditching their off-campus rentals for Rowan’s residential life. Here are a few perks that might make your decision a bit easier.

1. Make yourself at home- With living on campus you have access to everything you can possible think of. Amenities that range from having access to dining facilities, the recreational center, laundry facilities, computer labs and your own dorm space, the list goes on and on.
Getting support- Ability to get help from your professors by going to their office located right on campus.

2. Become a leader- There are many club and organizations available on campus that will help you earn valuable life skills. G.O.Y.A (Get off Your Anatomy)!

3. Live safe- Rowan University is very serious with safety and security. University police and residential life staff members are available on a 24 hour basis.

4. Excel academically- Living on campus gives you a great opportunity to perform better in classes because of a positive college experience. Definitely less stress because everything is at the tip of your hands. There is no excuse for failing because of all the resources that are available to you.
You have the rest of your life to live off campus and trust when I say that living on campus is convenient and you will have a positive experience from it. So many opportunities are available, all you have to do is pick whatever you are interested in and go from there. 

Amy LoSacco, a Resident Director at Rowan University, said, “Living on campus is essential to getting the full college experience. Participating in building programs, getting to know your Resident Assistant, and sharing a living space with someone is all part of the maturing process that students go through while in college.”  

“Some perks to living on campus: lots of free events, community building, meeting new people, getting acclimated to college life,” LoSacco said.
Janille Olivo, a sophomore at Rowan, said, “It is more convenient when it comes to getting involved in school, getting work done and meeting new people.”
Making friends will be an easy task because living on campus you meet someone new every day. Being in a typical college setting was the best decision I have made and in on-campus living you really do feel like Rowan is your home away from home.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!