Top 10 Christmas Cookies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

From Black Friday to Christmas Eve, my aunt bakes Christmas cookies from scratch, dusk til dawn. The counter becomes covered in a coat of white dust: sugar, flour, baking soda. The house smells of vanilla and happiness. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are of eating those cookies; the best ever Christmas cookies (and their links to their recipes) are as follows!

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate chip cookies are the best, no matter what time of year. Not only are they warm and sweet, but they also bring back so many memories. Each cookie carries the nostalgia of childhood with every single bite.

Gingerbread

Gingerbread cookies are an all time Christmas favorite. They’re spicy and sweet and you get to decorate them any way you’d like.

Italian Traffic Lights

Not many people have heard of these, but my Italian family eats them every year! They’re three layers of thin cake with strawberry jelly in between, topped with chocolate. These little Italian traditions hold the perfect flavor combination.

Sugar Cookies

I think sugar cookies can sometimes be boring, bu,t during the holidays, you can decorate them with plenty of colors and sprinkles to add color to the dessert tray. Very fun!

Snickerdoodles!!!

Snickerdoodles have the perfect balance of cinnamon and sugar and are a light treat in between all of that holiday feasting.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

These are the cookies featured on every Hershey Kiss commercial. They bring our favorite duo to the christmas party: peanut butter and chocolate!

Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Okay, I know it sounds weird, but don’t knock it til you try it! These odd cookies offer a savory element to your dessert pile, and are a great conversation starter.

Christmas Crack

I’m not completely sure if this qualifies as a cookie, but it’s just as delicious! Once you eat one, you can’t stop, hence the name Christmas CRACK.

Oreo Balls

America’s favorite cookie: The oreo, smashed up into a ball and transformed into a decadent truffle. So rich and so sweet.

Crinkle Cookies

These can be made from funfetti mix, from scratch and can be a variety of flavors: red velvet, brownie, sugar… you name it!

Happy season of cookies!!!!!

Ashley Hermansen is a dual major in International Studies and Modern Languages & Linguistics. She loves LOVE and dancing and really just wants to help everyone that she can. That's it, read on <3