yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Thanksgiving Tradition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for many reasons. One is because it brings family and friends together. Two, it makes me appreciate all the things I am thankful for. Three, the delicious food; and lastly, it is one step closer to the Christmas season!

Every Thanksgiving, my parents and I watch the parade. It’s always a great morning because the parade makes me happy, and it really gets me into the holiday spirit. Also, while I watch the parade, I can smell the delicious food my mom is preparing to bring over to my uncle’s house for the family Thanksgiving dinner. My mom is a great cook, and I always look forward to her Thanksgiving dishes.

After the parade is over and my mom has finished cooking, we load up the car and go to my uncle’s house. There, we sit with the family and watch football. Then it is time to eat! I love Thanksgiving dinner because I get to spend it with my family, who I am thankful for.

On the drive home, my parents and I always listen to Christmas music! We start singing along; and overall it’s a happy and cheerful night.

The next morning, we always start decorating for Christmas! Thanksgiving may be over, but we immediately start getting ready for Christmas, which for me is the most wonderful time of year!

I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.