So Long to Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

As September 22nd rolls around, autumn has officially arrived. Although I love fall and Halloween, I will definitely be missing summer. In fact, I think we all are. Personally, I’ll miss sleeping in. This semester my classes start at 8 and 9:30 am and I’m more of a sleep till 10 girl. Kaitlyn Gaffney, a Junior Writing Arts and English major, misses the time that she had in the summer: “I could take the time to read and play music and indulge in art the way that I can’t during the school year.

For some people, summer means going home to family and friends. Chastin Paley, a Junior transfer student, misses the social gatherings and outings she could take part in when home in Flemington, NJ. Haley Isabella, a Junior Elementary Ed major, likes the break that she gets over the summer: “I miss not having to go to class and stress about them.” The summer can also mean working. Carmen Grasso, a Senior RTF and Writing Arts major, works at a retirement home. “What do I miss about the summer? The extra hours and the bigger paycheck.”

What do you miss most about summer? And what are you looking forward to this semester?

Rachel is a senior English and Writing Arts double major at Rowan University. She also has minors in Women's & Gender Studies and Creative Writing along with concentrations in Publishing & New Media and Honors. She is the Senior Editor of Avant Literary Magazine as well as being in charge of the Her Campus chapter at her school. Rachel works as both a tour guide and a writing tutor on campus. She is big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but not the patriarchy.               
Hello! My name is Morgan and I am a senior history major at Rowan! I am a huge nerd and am pretty much into anything and everything academic or nerdy. I love to write and draw and read.