This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

While discussing A Midsummer Night’s Dream in class I listened to an interesting conversation about dreams. My professor argued that most of our lives are experienced within dreams rather than reality. She argues that if we even expand our definition of the word dream to represent “unreality” rather than a sleeping state we spend nearly all of our waking hours in a dreamlike state. Inspired by my class discussion I looked up a few quotes written for people who love to dream. 

When I dream, on my own…

When I dream, on my own. I’m alone but I ain’t lonely. For a dreamer, night’s the only time of day. When the city’s finally sleepin’. And my thoughts begin to stray. And I’m on the train that’s bound for Santa Fe- Newsies

“And here’s to the fools who dream…

“And here’s to the fools who dream. Crazy as they may seem. Here’s to the hearts that break. Here’s to the mess we make.” -Audition Song

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight…

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”-Oscar Wilde

If you can dream it…

“If you can dream it you can do it.” -Walt Disney

You may say I’m a dreamer…

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.”― John Lennon

My own heroes are the dreamers…

“My own heroes are the dreamers, those men, and women who tried to make the world a better place than when they found it, whether in small ways or great ones. Some succeeded, some failed, most had mixed results… but it is the effort that’s heroic, as I see it. Win or lose, I admire those who fight the good fight.”― George R.R. Martin

The old dreams were good dreams…

“The old dreams were good dreams; they didn’t work out but I’m glad I had them.”―The Bridges of Madison County

Keep dreaming everyone!

Destiny is currently enrolled in Columbia University's MFA Writing program. She is a national writer at Her Campus and the former editor-in-chief of Her Campus Rowan. She likes thrifting, romance novels, cooking shows, and can often be found binging documentaries.