Quick and Inexpensive Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

I’ve been dressing up from Halloween for as long as I can remember. It never gets old and no one
ever out-grows it; what do grow, however, are the prices of Halloween costumes. There is no
need to spend forty-plus dollars on something you’ll only wear for one weekend.

Luckily I have some ideas that you can pull right out of your closet, and with just a few accessories you
can create a unique costume.

This one is for the guys: let’s say you have a suit, or a nice pair of pants
and a button up shirt. Go out and get yourself a Superman t-shirt and fake glasses for an instant Clark Kent.

Hot Topic sells Superman T-shirts for $19.00 and glasses for $9.00, but a quick trick is to pop out the lenses of any cheap pair of sunglasses you own, and save yourself those nine dollars for something else.

An idea that’s cute for girls requires a $15.00 purchase from Spirit Halloween: a pink wig. With
just a pink wig you could change your costume to something different for each night of Halloween weekend. The more popular ideas are Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry, but you could also be Erin Esurance by wearing all black, or Wanda from The Fairly OddParents if you feel like splurging on some fairy wings. Plus, if you have a boyfriend with a good sense of humor he could go as Timmy or Cosmo.

For the couples, a cute and easy idea is Adam and Eve. Go to any dollar store and
purchase fake flowers and leaves and attach them to a pair of khaki shorts, or a Speedo for the more daring men. The girls can either wear a brown or neutral colored tank top and shorts, or a bikini.

These are last minute ideas that anyone can throw together, and are still cute, unique and most importantly, inexpensive. You can have a great costume without breaking the bank, and still look good, so have fun this Halloweekend and think outside the box.

A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!