This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

When the pandemic started I didn’t think that it would last long. I’m not sure if this is because I was in denial or I didn’t understand the gravity of the situation. But needless to say, I was wrong. It’s almost been a year since the pandemic started and I can’t help but miss the little things. Although it’s impossible to know how the world will be like post-pandemic I’m hopeful for a resemblance of normality. Here’s my bucket list of normal things I want to do post-pandemic. 

Wear bold lipstick

I will not complain about wearing masks because it literally saves lives. But, I will say that I miss my signature bold red lip. When we don’t have to wear masks outside again I’m going to buy loads of lipstick. 

Go to a crowded club or bar

The world shut down a week before my 21st birthday. Although I’m not a partier by any means, I’d really like to experience the nightlife at least once in my life.

Go to Disney

For my 21st first birthday, I was supposed to go to Disney and drink around the world at Epcot. It’s not safe or (in my opinion) ethical for me to go. But, I hope that I can travel to the most magical place on earth soon.

Travel abroad

Could I afford to travel abroad before the pandemic started? No. Do I yearn to travel abroad more now that I can’t? Absolutely.

Become friends with a stranger

I don’t talk to strangers very often now because it’s *literally* dangerous to get too close to them. But, I’m really excited to make little connections with people again. 

Go to a crowded classroom

It’s been a year since I sat in a classroom. I miss the moments before a class starts when you talk with your neighbors. I miss chatting after. I even miss taking tests and lectures. I’ve been in school for years now but I haven’t felt like a student in over a year. Hopefully in grad school, I can go back to having a normal student experience. 

I’m not sure when the pandemic will end. But, I am sure that once it does I’ll have loads of things to do. And honestly? It’s worth the wait. 

Destiny is currently enrolled in Columbia University's MFA Writing program. She is a national writer at Her Campus and the former editor-in-chief of Her Campus Rowan. She likes thrifting, romance novels, cooking shows, and can often be found binging documentaries.