Meredith Reeve and Jeffrey Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Meredith Reeve and Jeffrey Williams, two 22-year-olds at Rowan University work at the Rec Center, are members of Unified Sports, Colleges Against Cancer, Habitat for Humanity, and have been a couple since 2011.

“We met in high school. We were always good friends but it wasn’t until I went to college across the country that we realized we had feelings for each other,” says Reeve.

Reeve and Williams met at Seneca High School in Shamong, New Jersey. Shortly after high school graduation in 2010 Reeve attended BYUI (Brigham Young University in Idaho) while Williams attended Rowan University.

Reeve and Williams kept in touch while she was in Idaho but they weren’t an item yet.

Reeve and Williams reconnected in the summer of 2011 when Reeve returned to New Jersey.

“We were just in his car talking about me going back to school at BYUI.  I started crying and then he got sad. He just came out and just said he loved me and I told him I loved him too. We weren’t even dating!,” says Reeve.

She already had thoughts of transferring from BYUI to Rowan because the school wasn’t for her, but once Williams told her he loved her she was set on going to Rowan.

“It just made sense for us to date at that point because we were so sad when we were apart,” says Reeve.  

Reeve applied to Rowan and got in!

“I think when I told him I was transferring to Rowan it was just a really good day for us. It wasn’t until I came to Rowan that we really fell into place,” says Reeve.

The couple will be celebrating their three year anniversary in the summer of 2014.

Why they are great together:

“He’s good for me because he’s very organized and mellow and I’m more hyperactive and go with the flow so we really balance each other out. He makes me more serious and I make him lighten up.”

What they do for fun:

“He’s my go to beach person.” Reeve and Williams enjoy spending summer days at Long Beach Island.

Fun Facts:

-“Even though I always had a crush on him in high school he didn’t ask me to prom, he asked the prom queen. I never let him live that down. ”

– Reeve claims Williams was a huge lady’s man in high school.

– Reeve is a history and secondary education major and Williams is a marketing and finance major.