It’s A Bradley Epidemic!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Pencil, check! Notebook, check! Backpack, triple check! School is truly in session when the floral print totes are on almost every collegiette’s™ shoulder.  With every turn you take, there it is. Yes, I am talking about how the Vera Bradley’s are now back in session and with a bang!

The Bradley is now conquering the backs of Rowan collegiettes™. The “Laptop Backpack” is flying off the shelves at a retail price of $99.00 (You could probably find it on ebay for much less than this). The accessory has plenty of pockets to place either your ipod or cellphone, with a 15-inch laptop compartment and even enough room to store your books and utensils.

“It’s a very cute print on the backpack, but the price is too expensive,” said Janielle Olivio, a Liberal Studies major.

Pretty much every girl on campus has one of the following: a wristlet, tote, backpack, or some fabulously floral combination of the three. No matter how you slice it, Vera Bradley seems to have somehow infiltrated the closets of the majority of women on Rowan’s campus. The university’s bookstore, which is affiliated with Barnes and Nobles, has a small selection of the floral print accessories.

Plenty of collegiettes™ have expressed that these school accessories are visibly attractive, but lack the strength in the material to undergo the notorious Glassboro rain or a snow day. Needless to say, the Bradley epidemic does not show signs of slowing down any time soon. So for those of you who aren’t the biggest Vera fans, I guess you’ll just have to grow accustomed to seeing plenty of color splashes and an overload of floral print on a daily basis.

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.
A senior English major at Rowan University, Meghan spends most of her time reading, writing, working out, and watching dramatic TV shows. She also likes to experiment in the kitchen, trying out the recipes she learned in cooking class during her semester abroad in Florence. Meghan has recently completed an internship in the Features department of the Courier-Post newspaper, and will continue to work for them and Jersey Eats magazine as a freelancer. Aside from class, most of her time on campus is spent in the publications suite, where she is the new Features Editor of Rowan's award-winning student newspaper, The Whit. Sushi, country music, and the gym get her through her days, and she is so excited to be joining the Her Campus team!