Chrissy Strow: VP of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

“Tough times don’t last, tough people do”

After falling while running on the track freshman year, Chrissy Strow vowed never to set foot into the Rec Center again. Now as a senior she is an integral part of the Rec Center family. She is a Fitness Supervisor, a personal trainer, and teaches group exercise classes.  In addition to this, she is the vice president of Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association or RIRSA.

For some this may seem like a lot for one person to do, but it’s more than just a job to her. “I love all of my areas of involvement at the Rec Center because each role allows for me to grow as a fitness professional and also allows me to help others which is my goal,” Chrissy says.

The gym atmosphere has shaped her life in more ways than one. Before college Chrissy was heavily involved in multiple sports and excelled at all of them. She now has a strong passion for her own fitness as well as helping others reach their fitness goals. She said that she chose her major, Health Promotion and Fitness Management, because it was the only one that would make her happy.

Her plans after graduating this May is to get a Fitness Graduate Assistantship at another university’s Rec Center. Although she has no concrete plans for after earning her master’s degree in Public Health, I am confident that she will be successful in anything she chooses to do.

Not only is Chrissy a heavily involved Rowan student, she is one of the most positive and kindhearted people I have ever met. She always wears a smile and offers kind words. It is truly an unexplainable feeling to be in the presence of someone so selfless. She goes above and beyond for her friends, family, and her Rec Center staff and clients. She says, “I like to picture myself in an image of who I’d ultimately like to be and strive to be that person. I look up to people that are honest and have a passion, people that work hard and have faith, people that inspire and empower others to be better people.”

Chrissy Strow is an inspiration to all women out there. She shows that you can lift in the free weight room with all of the guys and not be afraid that she’s one of the only girls in there. She is constantly looking to better herself and will help you better yourself as well. 

Hello! My name is Laurie Toich and I am a senior at Rowan University. I am a Writing Arts major with specializations in Creative Writing and Technical/Professional Writing. In my spare time I like spending time with my friends, working out, and writing. In the future I hope to be a published novelist and poet. I believe that if you follow your passion it will never lead you astray!