Campus Cutie: Kevin Momat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Campus Cutie: Kevin Momat

When I asked Kevin if I could interview him as the next Campus Cutie, his response was modest and comical. But, being the goofy and down-to-earth guy that he is, he agreed right away!

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Management and Marketing

Minor: Environmental Studies

Interests: Football, food, hanging with friends, working out, and drawing.

Where to find him: In the caf, on the football field, at the gym, or on the couch with friends.

Favorite quote: “It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa (Kevin watches clips from Rocky for motivation before football practices and games.)

What do you look for in a girl?

Similar interests, but not exactly the same. I want to learn more about her. How she is with her family—respectful. Brown eyes. Someone who can eat like me but is also healthy.

What is your ultimate dream?

I’m too young to know. I want to have a family someday, but I want to accomplish my goals and get through my demons first to help my family accomplish theirs.

Who is your role model?

My dad. There’s so much to say; but in short, he made me the man I am today. He taught me to always be respectful—to respect myself, respect others, be a gentleman. And family comes first.

What is your biggest struggle?

Trying to do it all while making everyone happy. I used to try to please all the ones I loved, from friends, teammates, and family. I felt guilty when I couldn’t be there, as if I had let them down in a sense. Then it resulted in me missing out on opportunities. So I’m learning to help myself first so that I can lend a hand more frequently and possibly have the answer from struggles I’ve encountered. There’s a proverb that says, ‘If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm.’ And so the greatest endeavor you’ll face is yourself. Then I can really help the ones that need it.

What do you think is the purpose of life?

To find yourself through adversity and triumph, to find your purpose, and to find the one.

I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.