7 Things to do During a Study Break

We’re a few weeks away from finals and you know what that means! Intense studying, loads of homework, and mountains of stress. Woo-hoo :(. Because of the pandemic, it’s more important than ever to have study breaks. We’re stuck inside and glued to our devices so it’s important to take intentional study breaks. Here are a few of my favorite activities.

1. 1. Take a walk. 

two friends walking big dogs on leashes on a bright grassy hill

Nothing is worse than spending a beautiful day inside. Instead of spending your study break outside take a walk around the block and enjoy the sunshine.

2. 2. Clean your room/apartment/desk.

College Bedroom Cozy Sunflowers Pillows High Res

You know what they say, “Messy space, messy mind.”. Personally, I find the mechanical movements of cleaning to be stress relieving at times. It’s killing two birds with one stone.

3. 3. Take a nap. 

woman sleeping in bed

You know you want to. 

4. 4. Caffeinate, hydrate, or eat something tasty.

White Starbucks Cup

Take care of your body and make something healthy for yourself. The process of cooking and getting away from your computer and books will be well worth it, I promise.

5. 5. Do yoga or stretch.

Girl doing Yoga

Your joints are crying from sitting around all day! Get up, get moving and stretch your tired limbs.

6. 6. Take a shower.

Collar Tattoos on Woman wrapped in towel

When I’m studying for a while it takes me a second to get out of that cloudy headspace. Taking a long shower is like pressing a reset button for me. After I get out I’m in a totally different headspace.

7. 7. Watch a (very short) episode of a show. 

Netflix title screen

Only do this if you feel like you are able to walk away from the show after an episode. Personally, I love watching The Good Place in between study sessions. Watching something lighthearted and funny makes me feel well prepared to continue my homework.

Good luck and happy studying!