61 Really Good Song Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Music can change your mood in an instant, especially if it has just the lyrics you need to hear. Check out these 61 song lyrics that are inspiring, heart-warming and bound to make you smile and all around just good. 

1.      “I’ll just keep on making the same mistakes hoping that you’ll understand.”- Ed Sheeran- Thinking Out Loud

2.      “Clouds of time seem to rain on innocence left behind.”- The Offspring- Kristy, Are You Doing Okay

3.      “The sweet escape is always laced with a familiar taste of poison.”- Halestorm- Familiar Taste of Poison

4.      “The only Heaven I’ll be sent to is when I’m alone with you.”- Hozier- Take Me to Church

5.      “Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful?”- Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful

6.      “If you ever feel alone, and the glare makes me hard to find, just know that I’m always parallel on the other side.”- Justin Timberlake- Mirrors

7.      “You know I’d never ask you to change. If perfect’s what you’re searching for then just stay the same.”- Bruno Mars- Just the Way You Are

8.      “I found a reason to show a side of me you didn’t know; a reason for all that I do, and the reason is you.”- Hoobastank- The Reason

9.      “I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh.”- Seether and Amy Lee from Evanescence- Broken

10.  “It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the way the candles light your face, and it’s been awhile, but I still remember just the way you taste.”- Staind- It’s Been Awhile

11.  “All the miles that separate disappear now when I’m dreaming of your face.”- 3 Doors Down- Here Without You

12.  “Do you know what’s worth fighting for when it’s not worth dying for?”- Green Day- 21 Guns

13.  “I know someday you’ll have a beautiful life; I know you’ll be a star in somebody else’s sky, but why… can’t it be mine?”- Pearl Jam- Black

14.  “Be a simple kind of man; be something you love and understand.”- Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man

15.  “I got bills to pay. I got mouths to feed; ain’t nothing in this world for free.”- Cage the Elephant- Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked

16.  “Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there’s still time to change the road you’re on”- Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven

17.  “Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.”- Shinedown- Second Chance

18.  “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger; stand a little taller, doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone.”- Kelly Clarkson- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)

19.  “Why give up? Why give in? It’s not enough; it never is, so I will go on until the end”- Breaking Benjamin- Until the End

20.   “Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?”- Train- Drops of Jupiter

21.  “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”- Semisonic- Closing Time

22.  “No, you don’t know what it’s like to be like me….to be on the edge of breaking down with no one there to save you. No, you don’t know what it’s like. Welcome to my life.”- Simple Plan- Welcome to My Life

23.  “Whatever tomorrow brings I’ll be there with open arms and open eyes.”- Incubus- Drive

24.  “The only thing I’ll ever ask of you; you gotta promise not to stop when I say when.”- Foo Fighters- Everlong

25.  “Maybe you’re gonna be the one that saves me, and after all, you’re my wonder wall.”- Oasis- Wonderwall

26.   “I can’t help you fix yourself, but at least I can say I tried. Sorry, but I gotta move on with my own life.”- Papa Roach- Scars

27.  “Man, I ain’t changed, but I know I ain’t the same.”- The Wallflowers- One Headlight

28.  “I can’t take back the words I never said.”- Skylar Grey- Words

29.  “All in all is all we are.”- Nirvana- All Apologies

30.  “I’ve loved you forever in lifetimes before.”- Nsync- This I Promise You

31.  “…I will pray to the gods and the angels like a pagan to anyone who will take me to heaven; to a place I recall. I was there so long ago.”- Audioslave- Like A Stone

32.  “Black hole sun, won’t you come, and wash away the rain?”- Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun

33.  “Imma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly, and all those who look down on me, I’m tearing down your balcony.”- Eminem- Not Afraid

34.  “The people I’ve met and the places I’ve been all will make me the man I so proudly am, but I wanna know one thing; when did I become a ghost?” Kid Cudi- Ghost

35.  “I know you watch me grow up and only want what’s best for me, and I think I found the answer to your prayers.”- Carrie Underwood- Mama’s Song

36.  “If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away I’d write it all.”- Plain White T’s- Hey There Delilah

37.  “At least I have her love. The city; she loves me, lonely as I am, together we cry.”- Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under the Bridge

38.  “I know it’s not much, but it’s the best I can do. My gift is my song, and this one’s for you.”- Elton John- Your Song

39.  “There will be an answer. Let it be.”- The Beatles

40.  “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.”- Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody

41.  “I laughed the loudest. Who’d have known?”- Blink 182- Adam’s Song

42.  “I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night. He’s gotta be strong and he’s gotta be fast, and he’s gotta be strong, and he’s gotta be fresh from the fight.”- Bonnie Tyler- Hero

43.  “The friends who stick together, we wrote our names in blood, but I guess you can’t accept that. The change is good.”- Paramore- Ignorance

44.  “I don’t want the world to see me, ‘cause I don’t think that they’d understand. When everything’s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am.”- Goo Goo Dolls- Iris

45.  “If there’s nothing missing in my life, then why do these tears come at night?”- Britney Spears- Lucky

46.  “Tell me why I can’t be there where you are. There’s something missing in my heart.”- Backstreet Boys- Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely

47.  “Against my will, I stand beside my own reflection.”- Linkin Park- Crawling

48.  “Guess I’m wishing my life away, with these things I’ll never say.”- Avril Lavigne- Things I’ll Never Say

49.  “It’s just a drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together.”- Ron Pope- A Drop in the Ocean

50.  “I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start.”- Secondhand Serenade- Fall For You

51.  “I’m feeling like a newborn child everytime I get a chance to see you smile.”- Boys Like Girls- Hero/Heroine

52.  “Every action in this world will bear a consequence.”- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- Face Down

53.  “Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you. You are my only one.”- Yellowcard- Only One

54.  “All of my regrets will wash away somehow, but I cannot forget the way I feel right now.”- Rob Thomas- Little Wonders

55.  “I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.”- Matchbox 20- Real World

56.  “Your eyes, they shine so bright. I wanna save that light. I can’t escape this now, unless you show me how.”- Imagine Dragons- Demons

57.  “There’s a hero if you look inside your heart. You don’t have to be afraid of what you are.”- Mariah Carey- Hero

58.  “There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to have just one more chance to look into your eyes and see you looking back.”- Christina Aguilera- Hurt

59.  “I walked through the door with you. The air was cold, but something about it felt like home somehow.”- Taylor Swift- All Too Well

60.  “Guess I’d rather hurt than feel nothing at all.”- Lady Antebellum- Need You Now

61.  “If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again.”- Aaliyah- Try Again 

Hi I'm Stephanie DiVito. I am 21 years old and I am originally from Pennsauken, NJ. I am now living at Rowan in the Triad Apartments. I am a Secondary Education major in English, and I love to write! I am a person with a lot of ideas and I can't wait to put them out there!