This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

In today’s society, womxn are all seemingly being pushed to our limits emotionally and mentally- which can be exhausting. Whether it be pressures from social media, school, friends, or home lives, everyone has felt as though they needed an extra boost to get them through the tough times. Sometimes, we could all use a little inspiration to lighten the weight on our shoulders and remember the queens we are. It’s totally okay to drop your crown sometimes, but here are my top 5 TED Talks that will inspire you to pick it back up and wear it with pride:

Teach Girls Bravery, Not Perfection- Reshma Saujani

This one’s for my girls out there who are feeling as though you’ve been pressed to be perfect and can’t live with any mistakes. Saujani breaks down why we need to teach and empower young womxn to be brave and unafraid to take risks.

What Almost Dying Taught Me About Living- Suleika Jaouad

Jaouad opens up about her experience with cancer and the hardest part of her recovery; her “incanceration”. How do we find meaning in life after it’s been interrupted? Her inspirational and funny talk taught me to wake up and live for myself.

Girl Up: The Secrets to an Extraordinary Life- Courtney Ferrell

We need to embrace one another for our differences, because they make us uniquely beautiful; womxn should support womxn. Ferrell loves to highlight that in her exposé on female empowerment; be authentically you and listen to your gut.

How Do You Define Yourself?- Lizzie Velasquez

In a time of social media and constant comparison of yourself to others, this one teaches us to embrace who we are wholeheartedly. Once labeled, “The World’s Ugliest Woman,” Lizzie decided to turn these labels upside down and create her own definitions for what she knows as beauty, love, and happiness.

The Power of Vulnerability- Brené Brown

We can all be guilty of numbing ourselves to any type of emotion- Brené Brown talks about why we need to open ourselves up and allow ourselves to connect, even if we’ve been hurt in the past. Let your whole heart be seen by those around you, and believe that you’re enough.

One of my all-time favorite quotes is the following from Maya Angelou; “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” All of these TED talks feature a story or a mindset that will assist you in personal growth and perseverance. Remember that you are loved, and so worth it! You will always be enough.

Maranda is a Senior Writing Arts and Emergency Management dual major at Rowan University. She hopes to become a published poetry author and eventually go to law school or work for Homeland Security. In her free time she enjoys listening to all genres of music, reading, creating art, writing poetry, and watching 80s movies.
Destiny is currently enrolled in Columbia University's MFA Writing program. She is a national writer at Her Campus and the former editor-in-chief of Her Campus Rowan. She likes thrifting, romance novels, cooking shows, and can often be found binging documentaries.