Why I Went To The Eras Tour Movie Two Nights in a Row

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Do I like Taylor Swift more than a lot of people? Yes, I’d say so. Am I a crazy fan by any means? Definitely not. However, this past weekend, I went to the almost 3-hour-long Eras Tour movie two nights in a row. I did get called crazy for this by my friends, but there are good reasons why I chose to attend twice, and I will be going back to see it plenty more times.

I attended an actual live Eras Tour concert in May of this year, so it may seem odd that I’m choosing to rewatch the same concert over and over again at the movies. To be completely honest, the experience of watching the movie is quite similar in the aspect of immersion to being at the concert itself. The cinematography is beautiful, and they capture all of the best moments that many people in the sold-out stadiums couldn’t see very well. It truly felt like having a front-row seat at her concert for $20 rather than $2,000, and the fact that anyone can experience that is amazing, in my opinion.

I have seen a ton of TikToks over the course of the tour of people saying they “blacked out” from excitement during their show – which means they can’t remember parts of it. I am one of these people, of the 3-hour concert, I have about 20 minutes engrained in my mind. The tour film shows almost the entire concert in-depth, so I was able to really experience all the songs on the setlist, most of which I don’t even remember hearing live with my own two ears.

I have gone more than once because one, it’s basically a Taylor Swift singalong, and it’s extremely fun, but two, the details in her costumes, the sets, the background dancer’s movements, etc. are so entrancing and interesting to me. From my seats, I couldn’t see most of these things during my actual live concert, so being able to see the beading on her bodysuits and the amazing dancers’ talent on the big screen was a completely new experience.

I would recommend going to see the Eras movie at least once to everyone, even if they don’t like Taylor Swift. My TikTok For You page is filled with texts from boyfriends saying how great the movie was even though they don’t listen to her, and it is evident that the movie is converting many people into Swifties. Even if you don’t leave a fan, you’ll at least certainly be impressed by the visuals of it all.

Savanna Stebbins is a staff writer for HerCampus Rollins College. Before transferring universities, Savanna also participated in the Northeastern University HerCampus as the Director of Social Media and as a staff writer. Beyond HerCampus, she is currently serving as the Digital Outreach Chair for Delta Zeta at Rollins, overseeing and running the chapter's social medias. In her free time, Savanna enjoys reading psychological thrillers, trying new food around the Winter Park area, and FaceTiming her parents back in Connecticut to see her dog. She runs a small business selling thrifted clothing to promote sustainability, and spends most of her free time thrifting.