This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day Weekend is coming up on March 16th and 17th-  the time to get out your greenest outfits and celebrate Irish style. To make sure you have the best St. Patty’s day yet, we’ve created your complete guide on  how to prepare for this rowdy holiday.

1. Get a good night’s sleep.

Since there’s going to be a good deal of rallying involved, you want to make sure you have the energy to keep dancing, parade-ing, or pub crawling. St. Patty’s weekend starts right at the end of spring break, so tuck yourself in early Friday night to  ensure your celebration will last ‘till sunrise.

1. Plan ahead.

To ensure that the night goes smoothly, make sure to check the bars you plan on going to ahead of time. Look for the option that suits you and your crew’s vibe the best, and pay attention to group rates and  special promos offered by bars for the occasion. Also, make sure you strategize your final location so you have a place to sleep off all that green beer! You don’t want to be the one going home with the guy in the leprechaun costume as a last resort.

1. Eat well.

Pre-gaming doesn’t have to mean just drinks. Eating a hearty meal before you head out  will give you more energy and help you avoid a hangover. Since St. Patty’s is on a Sunday this year, you might want to load up on carbs so you’re not sitting in your 9 a.m. thinking, “damn, I should’ve gotten in on that chick-fil-a order”.

1. Pick your outfit wisely.                  

​Not wearing green on St. Patty’s day means major bad luck, so this is the night to all out on your green wardrobe. Make the most of it, shop early, and pay attention to small details like glitter and jewelry that can make or break an outfit. To avoid losing your friends in the ocean of green, consider buying a special accessory that makes your crew stand out in the crowd. .

Her Campus at Rollins College
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.