stranger things halloween costumes 2022?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stranger things halloween costumes 2022?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022

Fall Shows to Binge that Aren’t Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Everyone knows that Gilmore Girls is the show of the season. It doesn’t get much more fall than Stars Hollow. But if you’re looking for something a little different this fall, perhaps something a little more sinister, here are some of my favorites.

Pretty Little Liars

I recently started rewatching this show for the first time since I was like 13. I was and always will be obsessed with Spencer Hastings. This is the perfect show for fall… especially Halloween, with A’s antics creating a spooky vibe. I will say Aria and Ezra’s relationship is a little less glamorous to me now than it was at 13 (as is Spencer and Wren’s relationship, and Spencer and Ian’s, and Alison and Ian’s… yikes). Who doesn’t love a good murder mystery, though? 

Stranger Things

If you haven’t already seen this show, where have you been? Since its premiere in 2016, Stranger Things has been implanted in Halloween culture. I can’t tell you how many Elevens, Dustins and Steves I have seen Trick or Treating each Halloween (one year it was the real Dustin–but that’s a story for another time). I feel that the hype is justified, not only does this show have its scares, it’s also funny and it’s got romance, so there’s something for everyone.

The Haunting of Hill House & The Haunting of Bly Manor

*I might suggest looking at the trigger warnings of these shows before watching as there are some heavy themes*

This is by far the scariest show on the list, one I have to watch in the daytime :) This first series of the anthology follows the Crain family in both past and present, as they deal with their grief, and their ghosts. The second series, The Haunting of Bly Manor, is equally, if not more scary, but Hill House will always come first in my heart. Fans of You will recognize Victoria Pedretti, who stars in both Hill House and Bly Manor. Clearly, scary is what she does best. 

So pop some popcorn, bake some pumpkin treats, and bundle up to watch these spooky shows this fall.

Samantha Cavallo is in her third year as a writer for Her Campus. She enjoys writing about anything and everything, though her pieces often focus on celebrities and pop culture or mental health and wellbeing. Sam is currently a junior at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, majoring in Psychology with a minor in Sociology, and she is from Langhorne, Pennsylvania. After earning her Bachelor's degree, she plans to pursue a PhD in School Psychology. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in many organizations on campus that focus on supporting the campus community, such as the Wellness Ambassadors, where she works in Health Promotions to promote the Nine Dimensions of Wellness, and the Student Support Foundation, operating the campus food pantry and providing emergency grants to students, faculty, and staff in need. In her free time, Sam enjoys reading, going to Barre class, finding new things to do in and around the Orlando area, especially if there is rumored to be good food, and Facetiming her dog Dexter. She is a major fan of both Taylor Swift and Phoebe Bridgers (she even got it tattooed to prove it) and loves going to concerts, and of course dressing up for them.