This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

If you haven’t already heard the news, Taylor Swift and her boyfriend of six years, actor Joe Alwyn, are reportedly broken up. I am devastated. Part of me doesn’t even want to believe it. After all, Swift wrote a whole song about people making up rumors about her relationship (Alexa, play Lavender Haze). However, I may be starting to come to terms with the reality of it, and let me tell you, it’s death by a thousand cuts. Taylor and Joe’s demise may be the most tragic celebrity breakup to date. It has had me thinking about all of the other celebrity breakups that broke me. Just parasocial relationship things!!

David and Liza

This one is a little embarrassing. David Dobrik and Liza Koshy may have been the first celebrity (if you’d consider them celebrities?) breakup to have made me cry. Their breakup video had such a toll on me for no reason. I vividly remember posting on my Snapchat about it with a David and Liza filter (I can’t believe I’m telling you that). Thinking about the pair now, though, it’s hard to imagine them dating today, or even making content together. Half of the people from that era of the Vlog Squad aren’t involved with it anymore (Cough, cough, Gabbie Hanna..). 2018 was a weird time.

Gigi and Zayn

Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik had an on-again-off-again relationship for a while, but after the birth of their daughter, Khai, I was sure they were endgame. I’ve loved Zayn since his One Direction days and he and Gigi seemed like the perfect couple, not that social media gives us any idea as to what really happens in any relationship. Plus, their quiet Pennsylvania farm life seemed so dreamy. The news of their breakup, and the drama surrounding it, literally shocked me. However, I’m happy to see that they seem to be on amicable terms today.

Phoebe and Paul

Thank you for the music. Not that this is a breakup I ever wanted to see, but the new Boygenius songs are on another level, and there’s no way some of them weren’t at least a little bit inspired by Phoebe Bridgers’ recent breakup with Paul Mescal. I am a Phoebe girl through and through, I even just got a Phoebe-inspired tattoo, but something about Paul just makes me so sad. This is so Normal People of him. I can’t help but hope just a little bit that a relationship between Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar Jones could be on the horizon one day. Their on-screen chemistry was insane. I also hope Maxine, Phoebe’s pug, is adjusting well to this breakup. I’m mourning the loss of Paul and Maxine’s photos.

Samantha Cavallo is in her third year as a writer for Her Campus. She enjoys writing about anything and everything, though her pieces often focus on celebrities and pop culture or mental health and wellbeing. Sam is currently a junior at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, majoring in Psychology with a minor in Sociology, and she is from Langhorne, Pennsylvania. After earning her Bachelor's degree, she plans to pursue a PhD in School Psychology. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in many organizations on campus that focus on supporting the campus community, such as the Wellness Ambassadors, where she works in Health Promotions to promote the Nine Dimensions of Wellness, and the Student Support Foundation, operating the campus food pantry and providing emergency grants to students, faculty, and staff in need. In her free time, Sam enjoys reading, going to Barre class, finding new things to do in and around the Orlando area, especially if there is rumored to be good food, and Facetiming her dog Dexter. She is a major fan of both Taylor Swift and Phoebe Bridgers (she even got it tattooed to prove it) and loves going to concerts, and of course dressing up for them.