3 Things to Learn From Jackie in That 70’s Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Donna might arguably be the main female protagonist of That 70’s Show, but underneath Jackie’s complicated (and oftentimes conceited) facade lies years of wisdom and a killer sense of humor that make her lines some of the most iconic of all the characters. Here’s why:

1. “I am the bitch. And you love me!” 

This savage quote was the original 70’s version of “Thank U, Next”. As usual, Jackie is never ashamed to show everyone that she wears the pants- and there’s nothing her boyfriends can say to argue that. You can call her high maintenance, bossy or self-centered but at her core, Jackie’s essence is a go-getter and never a settler- and that’s an important message to all of us.

2. “I’m going to go out, meet some boys and crush their hearts one by one.”

Sometimes when we’re heartbroken, whether it’s over a serious relationship, a fling, or a hookup who never texted, the best thing to do is get back on the saddle. Staying optimistic may seem impossible at the time, but Jackie teaches us that holding our heads up and putting ourselves out there isn’t nearly as difficult.

3. “If i could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.”

As always, our favorite feisty female character never fails to serve us with the best of analogies. Her way with words is comically childish and usually heavily boy-focused, but in this moment Jackie changes as a character for the better. What we can all take away from her statement here is that, once you find what you feel truly gives you purpose and makes you who you are, love that part of yourself more. Love all the parts more, because some of us haven’t had our Jackie revelation just yet- and maybe we all need a little reminder that self love can be one of the most rewarding things to invest in.

Her Campus at Rollins College
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.