HOMF photo 3 1jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
HOMF photo 3 1jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hangout Music Festival

3 reasons you need to buy a hammock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

A few years ago I asked for a portable hammock for Christmas, and I didn’t realize how much I’d appreciate it for years to come. Here are some reasons that you should get one of your own!

1. Stress Relief

Some of my most wonderful memories from my hometown center around my hammock. I’ve spent entire days hammocking under the boardwalk at one of my favorite beaches. Families, friends, couples, and dogs come and go while I enjoy the scenery and take a break from the chaos of life. We all need a hobby or activity that relaxes our mind, and this could be one of yours!

2. New Adventures

Portable hammocks can be put up practically anywhere. This could lead you to some amazing places and experiences. You could lay high up in a forest of trees, above water, between cliffs, or overlooking cities. Of course, you should be cautious and not put yourself or any wildlife in danger. The idea is that the options of places to go with your friends are wide open!

3. Community

One of my favorite freshman year memories is hammocking behind the Rollins Museum of Art with two of my friends. We caught up, did homework, and read books. Lake Virginia and its surrounding scenery make the perfect hammocking view! Whether you have a double hammock or a few friends who have their own, it’s a great way to spend time with the people you love!

Natasha Luce

Rollins '23

Natasha Luce is a double major in Environmental Studies and Music major at Rollins College. She has always enjoyed reading and writing as a creative outlet.